Join for free
Page 499 of 1676 « First < 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 999 1499 > Last »
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 01:33 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by solo ->
Subtle use of subtle there.

The ways of the brain are individual to each owner. On seeing a word one brain owner may simply read and move on whereas another brain owner seeing the same word, stops, does an involuntary quick memory scramble and recall, and there you have it. Your todays leisurely scribble contribution.

Be it leisurely meanderings, brain cartwheels or mental flip flops, words work.
Solo,

It's uncanny how you recognise my train of thought & stream of consciousness style of writing.
Some might say I include too much, others might say it's worth trying to follow the word like icebergs for the gems that are present in the precious unseen depths.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Great stuff folks, very enjoyable reads, I’m left speechless now, no easy task, ask the missus.

My dear old grandma was the dentist in our family, she was also the doctor. Any complaints you had you told her, then you trembled when she said those terrifying words “Come’er and I’ll fix ya”
What an all rounder she was, cooking, housework, sewing, knitting, gardening, plumbing, painting and decorating too, and the women of today call copying and pasting multitasking! they’d want to be around in the 1950’s to know what multitasking really was all about.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Er we iz bein classified as we subscribe - have a look at the description under ya name on the left hand side!
I was going to warn you about that a few weeks ago Gummy as you were approaching the 5,000 posts, you were in danger of becoming a chatterbox, too late, you are now an official “Chatterbox” a great honour indeed, so arise, take up your pen and continue with the good work.

P.S. Don’t tell the wife or you’ll never live it down.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 05:52 PM

Gumbud. Surely seeking fear or a fright is a primeval urge in all of us which goes back to when we dared to scribble naughty words on cave walls knowing it would earn us a bash round the head with a club from an elder.

Mine goes back to b/w telly and Muffin the Mule. Fair scared the daylights out of me. Please don't ask about Andy Pandy as I am still mentally scarred from that.

Robert J. It's nice to be understood

Friuity. Considering where some of that scampi may have originated from these day it could be used as a threat

Spitty. Had a dry socket and still remember the unbelievable agony and live in hopes of never getting another. I now equate my Dentist with The green Mile

Jem I still remember my Mothers words every Friday night or as I called it dose night (or words similar). She would say with what I could only describe as a treacherous demonic smile "It's for your own good" before deliberately poisoning me with stewed senna pods.

Cruelty has no equal than to ask a child to open it's mouth so you can spoon that muck down. Weird thing though is I have never needed to take opening stuff in any shape or form since. Work that one out.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:32 PM

Where have my brothers and sisters gone today
subject exhausted?

I have had a busy day, ferried around as usual by nurse Gillian, but we went home at 4PM,had a nap and watched pointless. THEN, I can't remember, but woke up slumped over my desk..writing gibberish, so nothing new then.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:58 PM

my apologies RJ to dear nurse Gillian - I have been calling her nurse vivian for the last 6 threads [what you mean you do too sometimes??]- oh dear where did my little black book go to now - there's changes to be made as the dementia nurse said as he rolled over another incontinent body
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:23 PM

Nurses should be ladies, and, continents threatened by missiles.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 02:42 AM

Robert Fisk [the independent] paints a complex picture of life in the UAE, even foreign doctors have to toe the line and have no rights! Aren’t you glad you live in a free and democratic country – Winston Churchill once retored “ the price of freedom is eternal vigilance”

He paused here, I think because – as a doctor as well as an expatriate – he didn't want to give Abu Dhabi too clean a bill of health. "The deal is this: 'We're going to pay you money and you can have the lifestyle you have chosen – but you have no rights.' A non-Emirati cannot go to a government school. You can only go to a government hospital in emergency. I'm here as a servant of the country. I know if I don't want to be a servant any more, I can get on a plane and go home."
Then he thought for a moment and captured the venality of it all. "We're all here by invitation – or temptation."

http://http://www.independent.co.uk/...-10211050.html
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-02-2018, 05:29 AM

softening the tone a wee bit - came across this lovely titbit from the DAAS - they did perform well in UK once!

at this stage Tim Ferguson has multiple sclerosis and thus is in the wheelchair but it doesn't stop him writing and performing.

also tribute Jem to Brendan Behan who believes his mate Dicky Shanon wrote the song " the auld triangle"

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:11 AM

On another lighter note. KFC are working around the cluck to resolve their chicken crisis. .

Page 499 of 1676 « First < 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 999 1499 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top