Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:53 PM

internet ordering items

last week I ordered a item and been waiting for it to be delivered. Paid by paypal to a well established company.

Every other time and paying through Paypal the seller gets my home address where to send. That is with every other company.

This company obviously don't have a clue how to access this even though they advertise buying/paying by this method.

So emailed them and also via their online site form, and they said they never saw where to send it ( never checked the paypal order form) but I did put my addy on their own web page

If these companies do not know how to use online payment methods they should not advertise it

Needles to say another customer who wont be using them again
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Re: internet ordering items

Did you get your money back?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Did you get your money back?
They say they are putting it in the post today, so will have to wait and see
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:35 AM

In the early days of PayPal that used to happen a lot. Very rarely these days. As you say if they don't know how to use it they shouldn't be advertising online.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
last week I ordered a item and been waiting for it to be delivered. Paid by paypal to a well established company.
PayPal is merely a money payment system nothing more.

Your order is with the company and thus at the time of collecting your order details they should have prompted you for a delivery address and a billing address. Neither of these are anything to do with PayPal.

Did you not provide delivery and billing addresses as part of the order BEFORE it even got to the payment element of the process? If not, there is clearly something wrong there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:54 PM

The seller can get all that from PayPal. That's part of the joy of using them you don't need to give an address each time just the email address of your PayPal account.

Also if anything goes wrong PayPal will go after the company for you. It's much more than a simple payment system.

When we bought a clothing rail from a company and they sent the wrong item, PayPal refunded our money before telling the company that was happening, that got them moving and our item arrived within two days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The seller can get all that from PayPal. That's part of the joy of using them you don't need to give an address each time just the email address of your PayPal account.

Also if anything goes wrong PayPal will go after the company for you. It's much more than a simple payment system.

When we bought a clothing rail from a company and they sent the wrong item, PayPal refunded our money before telling the company that was happening, that got them moving and our item arrived within two days.
Hi

Yes Julie.

Paypal provides the details, there should be no problem.

When Zac and Derek where here, a minimum of 40 parcels a day sent out, all with Paypal providing delivery details.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:27 PM

I hate to say it but I agree with Realist this time.

PayPal is part of Ebay so if ordering on Ebay all your details are known, unless you opt for an alternative delivery address.

But you can use PayPal in lots of outlets these days, the same as paying by debit or credit card, you wouldn't expect your bank to provide the seller with your home address......data protection and all that.

Anything I have ever bought online wont allow the sale to progress without enough details.........required fields and all that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-07-2017, 01:33 PM

But the idea of PayPal was to make shopping on line safer, they only deal with safe shops and you don't have to send your details on line they deal with all that for you.

I've rarely given anyone except PayPal my details. They I trust keep them safe. And they will help if a deal goes wrong as I said earlier.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:45 PM

I buy a lot of things online and frequently pay by Paypal.
In some instances my address is not required by the seller once I have indicated I wish to pay by Paypal.

Originally Posted by Bruv ->

PayPal is part of Ebay

That is not so...

Paypal is an independent company. It was originally purchased by ebay but split away from ebay some years ago. I remember getting an email notification of this.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/now-ind...ly-50-billion/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top