Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 08:14 AM

Re: First Bush Fire

Originally Posted by summer ->
Very scary Bruce, I think I would invest in a boat just in case the ocean was the only escape or am I being naive?
It's not that scary, a lot of those are grass fires, some are in areas where there are no people or houses. It all depends on the weather, the recent fires were on a hot day with high winds and low humidity as far as I know all property was saved even though in places the fire got to the fence line (I believe). It turns out that the fire in my original post was started by some one torching a stolen car. Most fires are started by lightning strikes though a surprising number are deliberately lit

We have water bombing planes, helicopters as well as the Rural Fire Service. When there is a fire threat they know what to do, where to let it burn, where to back burn, where to attack it. Some of our fire fighters just returned from Canada where they assisted with wild fires there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 07:58 PM

Re: First Bush Fire

Australia sounds a dangerous place to live. With uncontrolled bush fires- poisonous snakes- spiders appearing in the toilet to bite and the bum and again poison you. . If you manage to avoid all these there is a good chance of being knocked out over by a Kangeroo.

should you just be able to avoid the above then drunken Aussies are bound to get you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top