Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Re: jerusalem

Jerusalem has been the de facto capital of Isreal since 1948
It parliament the Knesset is there as is the Prime Ministers office and many more government buildings.
The refusal to acknowledge Jerusalem as Israel’s capital is just campain to delegitimise Israel .
Isreal is there it's not going away and has the right as any other country in the world to choose its capital .

The UN and the PLO or anyone else have nothing to do with this
This is precisely why Trump’s decision is right
He simply acknowledged a fact.
Jerusalem is capital of Israel
And so should we.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I said I blamed us but you ignored that.

Wars where people take other people's lands rarely end, they just go on and on, oh bit like the Middle East now

Yes but you blame 'us' for everything !
Ask your iman why he stays in the Uk if we are so rotten.
Because it's plain from where all this anti Israel propaganda originates
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:11 PM

Never heard such a simplistic unworldly view as a country has the right to pick it's own capital. When it involves filching territory to do it and is illegal to do so.

Closest comparison is Berlin .... once divided by a wall. Once two separate countries.
Someone ... pinch me if the Scots ever decide to name their Capital as Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:16 PM

Wars where people take other people's lands rarely end, they just go on and on, oh bit like the Middle East now
Julie, I'd give up.
Some are getting all het up, and muddled, and seem to be having trouble differentiating between ME politics and the UK.
Attacking Islamic culture in it's own country , based on perceptions closer to home, indeed 'at home' ... is probably just designed to derail the topic.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

No worries, though. It's just that at the moment it is trendy amongst the snowflakes and students that muslims = good and Jews = bad. They are, after all, so very easily influenced by their pop singer idols and others with an axe to grind.
Not to mention the naive and the deliberately obtuse

Facts are facts
Despite all the silly naysaying
No Arab nation or Muslim people ever sought to make Jerusalem their capital.
Israel’s reunification of Jerusalem brought with it for the first time in centuries a guarantee that peace loving people of all religions can easily access all of Jerusalem’s holy sites.
And most of Jerusalems ancient buildings are Jewish the remnants of Jewish culture .Jerusalem founded by king David
King of the Jews .
Jerusalem is the capital of Israel .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-02-2018, 10:34 PM

How To Acquire A Capital.

Step 1 War.
Israel captured East Jerusalem from Jordan during the 1967 Six-Day War and subsequently annexed it into Jerusalem, together with additional surrounding territory.
One of Israel's Basic Laws, the 1980 Jerusalem Law, refers to Jerusalem as the country's undivided capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem

Step 2. Get an American President to Endorse It.
Along came Trump. Give it enough time and the rest will be history, as the saying goes..

Nothing can be clearer than that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:44 PM

Yet despite that, Israel still exists!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-02-2018, 10:49 PM

Not sure what your point is there JBR?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 10:51 PM

Yes it does and long may it continue to do so.
Sticking in the craws of all her detractors
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-02-2018, 11:09 PM

Myself .. I'm not really sure glorifying one side (either side) , and it's atrocities is really the way forward. It's too much like cheering blood sports.

Israeli Soldiers Beat A Palestinian To Death.
http://gulfnews.com/news/mena/palest...iers-1.2177825

And.. from the other side of the great divide.
Security forces pursue Palestinian after bus stop stabbing of Israeli .https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rea-of-Israeli

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top