Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 07:21 PM

Anybody suffer from OSA?

I had a night a couple of weeks ago wearing a machine that monitored my blood oxygen while I slept as I've been sleeping so badly, and get very tired easily during the day.
The results from the sleeping test arrived this morning and I've been diagnosed with moderate to severe OSA, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, which means I stop breathing normally while asleep. Oh happy day, bad health, the gift that just keeps on giving.

I used to have a problem a few years ago where I actually used to wake up choking as the breathing had stopped too long and was fighting to breath again in my sleep. But this hasn't happened in such a long time since I've lost so much weight, however I do have very disturbed nights.

I am getting really fed up now as this is just one more thing to add to my list of health problems. COPD, asthma, diabetes, mental health problems, high blood pressure and now this OSA. Let's not even mention the fact that my knees and legs are getting stiff and sore these days. Life's a real bundle if fun. Its just a good job I've still got my sense of humour.

Has anyone else got this OSA and apart from loosing still more weight and not drinking, any other tips please.
I cannot sleep at all on my back or right side and use two pillows to raise my head. What about if I strap myself upright against a wall with leather straps, buckles and maybe the odd stud or two or maybe develop gills. Then again don't sharks have to keep moving or they drown.
Do you think I would be able to get a prescription for a woman to sleep with who can wake me up if I do actually stop breathing completely?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Re: Anybody suffer from OSA?

Oh God. MC's moaning about his health again. Boring.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top