Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:08 PM

Well that was a waste of time

Went for an X-ray, consultant gave me a yellow form to go into Guildford hospital anytime between 9am and 4pm

Taxi to hospital £20

Went to radiology handed in my form, where did you get that ? It's not a valid form. Well I didn't make it up.
Receptionist tutted and groaned and tried to look up my consultant. Found him but of course he's not in the hospital.

Another consultant said as I'd made the effort to get there he'd sign a form. Two hours later I get my form.

Head for radiology and it's 3.55pm so no sorry not today .

Rang my husband and he had just got home so saved the taxi fare and he fetched me but tomorrow I'm off again to try and get my X-ray done. Pink slip in hand this time so hopefully they'll do it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:11 PM

Re: Well that was a waste of time

Aw Julie what a waste of your day, you are a person not bit of paper to be shunted about.
I hope you are feeling ok, it is tiring waiting around.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:30 PM

I feel for you.
Long waits are bad enough, but to have nothing come of them is worse still.
They should be taking care of your taxi fares! Bill them!!
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:31 PM

What a bad thing to happen, a dreadful way to treat people. It reminds me of the time some years ago...my friend's son had an accident and hurt his arm badly. Jenny, my friend, got the bus into town, then another bus to the hospital. After checking in they were put in a cubicle and told someone would be with them very soon. It was around 1 p.m. by then. Well Jenny isn't the bravest or brightest star in the sky so she waited and she waited in the cublicle with her son. It didn't occur to her to go looking for someone, as I would have done and have been known to do more than once. At 5.30 p.m. someone looked round the curtain and asked what she was doing there. Jenny, being Jenny, said she was told to wait there until someone came to look at her boy's arm and send him for an X-ray. Well everybody has gone, go home and come back tomorrow, she was told. Jenny did, waited for buses, went home and went back next morning. This time she was seen, X-ray done, her boy had an arm broken in two places. That poor child must have been in agony, he was 9 years old at the time.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:34 PM

Luckily I'm not in pain or any broken bones. It's to see how bad my arthritis is or I'd be instead of just
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 12:01 AM

Oh dear, I'd have been hopping mad Julie.
What a gormless lot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 08:10 AM

Julie darlin' - if you get a taxi - get a written receipt for the cost of it and claim the fare from the hospital.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Went for an X-ray, consultant gave me a yellow form to go into Guildford hospital anytime between 9am and 4pm

Taxi to hospital £20

Went to radiology handed in my form, where did you get that ? It's not a valid form. Well I didn't make it up.
Receptionist tutted and groaned and tried to look up my consultant. Found him but of course he's not in the hospital.

Another consultant said as I'd made the effort to get there he'd sign a form. Two hours later I get my form.

Head for radiology and it's 3.55pm so no sorry not today .

Rang my husband and he had just got home so saved the taxi fare and he fetched me but tomorrow I'm off again to try and get my X-ray done. Pink slip in hand this time so hopefully they'll do it.
Strange how things differ from area to area,I had a white form given to me to attend the radiology went in on Friday morning last,seen with in half an hour.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin' - if you get a taxi - get a written receipt for the cost of it and claim the fare from the hospital.
I suppose this is a debate to be had elsewhere,but is this why the nhs is such dire straits if this can be claimed back.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-12-2017, 10:59 AM

I won't claim it back Uj, I can afford it these days it's just a throw back to times I couldn't I mentioned the cost. I'd rather they spent the money on getting things right than paying for my travel. It's not their fault I used a taxi if I'd been quicker I could have got a bus into Woking then changed for Guildford, and again to the hospital but I'm not quick enough to get the buses on time.

I like St. Peter's hospital best they send a hospital bus around to pick everyone up if you book it day before. Wish all hospitals had that facility.

Nathan is popping home to take me later on, he wants to go into Guildford get something anyway, so I'll hop in with him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top