Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Not Safe at G.Ps

During a check up with my G.P nurse on Tuesday I asked her to look at my ear, as it was aching quite a lot,she said it was inflamed & took a swab.Today a Dr from my surgery rang me to say I had an infection & she was prescribing anti biotics,the prescription would be sent to my local pharmacy later.To be on the safe side I rang th pharmacy to check it was there & I was told they had tried to deliver but no one answered ,yet I'd been home all day, so I said Id walk down to collect it.Godd job I did,The pharmacist told me to continue using the cream for a couple more days after the infection cleared,I said I wouldnt know when it cleared as it was inside my ear,the pharmacist was horrified,this cream was given me for a skin complaint,not ear infection.
This was frightening for if the cream had been delivered I would probably used it not realising the mistke
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 09:31 PM

Re: Not Safe at G.Ps

Goodness, that's not good Deylon.
I wonder if the doctor wrote the wrong prescription, or if the pharmacy made the mistake?
Perhaps neither will admit it.

Either way, hope you're on the mend soon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:59 PM

Ear infection ... very painful and more painful than you'd believe.
You have my sympathy Deylon. Hope it clears up quick for you once you've got the right treatment sorted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 01:36 AM

Are you sure the cream wasn't given to you because you have a skin infection in your ear deylon? (rather than an ear infection) You can have either.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 02:38 AM

It sounds like everyone did their job....doctor identified the ailment and the pharmacist gave you the correct medication.

If a doctor knew everything about meds, other than a rough guide from his meds book, there'd be no need for a pharmacist.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 10:12 AM

Sometimes pharmacists save lives, I always check new mess with them because gps rarely understand I can't have NSAIDs they could kill me.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 11:46 AM

For something as simple as an ear infection you can simply use garlic oil or onion juice. Totally natural, highly affective. All you needed to know what that you hadn't perforated your ear drum.

Reaching for harsh antibiotics for something like this is imo madness.

I always have a bottle of Grapefruit Seed Extract at hand which is one of the strongest NATURAL anti-biotics. If I get an ear infection I put a couple of drops of that in some water and then a put a few drops of that mixture in my ear before bed. By morning it will have killed the infection.

This is only for external infections obviously.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sometimes pharmacists save lives, I always check new mess with them because gps rarely understand I can't have NSAIDs they could kill me.
Don't they have a warning on your notes Julie?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
For something as simple as an ear infection you can simply use garlic oil or onion juice. Totally natural, highly affective. All you needed to know what that you hadn't perforated your ear drum.

Reaching for harsh antibiotics for something like this is imo madness.

I always have a bottle of Grapefruit Seed Extract at hand which is one of the strongest NATURAL anti-biotics. If I get an ear infection I put a couple of drops of that in some water and then a put a few drops of that mixture in my ear before bed. By morning it will have killed the infection.

This is only for external infections obviously.
Glad you tacked that on the end ... ear infections can get nasty. I had one that lasted over 3 months and after countless rounds of antibiotics ended up at the outpatients having a little machine that sucked my ears out and had to have moulds made to insert whenever I washed my hair to keep them dry inside.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Don't they have a warning on your notes Julie?
Should have but they've given my husband penicillin more times than I can count and he's allergic to that so I'm not sure they actually read the notes.

I love going in and they say how can I help ? When they've called me in ! No idea what they want me for so how should I know ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top