Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 06:43 PM

Whose Side Are The Police Really On?

My daughter had her bag stolen on Friday. It contained her new iPhone 7 (uninsured) her bank cards, driving licence, her make up and return ticket back to London.

We had been to her friend’s 30th birthday party at a local venue and then they had arranged to go to a pub nearby for late drinks.

I left earlier and at 4am, my phone went, ‘Mom, my bag has been stolen and we know where it is but the police won’t do anything!’

The tracker on her phone indicated that it was at a place nearby, which was a half way house for offenders and people with mental issues.

She and her friends went there and banged on the door but no one answered. An off duty policeman who was passing by came to their aid and explained there was nothing he could do. That by them trying to bang the door down, they would be the ones in trouble.

The local police were called and they wouldn’t do anything either. They gave my daughter a crime number and promised to ring the next day. We still await that call.

So l ask, who’s side are the police on? The victim or the perpetrators?
It makes me sick and proves that crime really does pay....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 06:49 PM

Re: Whose Side Are The Police Really On?

Totally agree with you Art, and I know how upsetting this must be for your daughter.

You may remember the same happened to me a couple of years back.
The bank fraud people have film of the buggers trying my card in the nearby ATM, yet the police still did nothing, even though it was on film.

All they said was they didn't recognise the faces so they might have been from out the area!"

I said they would no doubt have doubled their effort had it been the policeman's own wallet and bank card on film!

I hope your daughter gets more satisfaction and help than I did.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree with you Art, and I know how upsetting this must be for your daughter.

You may remember the same happened to me a couple of years back.
The bank fraud people have film of the buggers trying my card in the nearby ATM, yet the police still did nothing, even though it was on film.

All they said was they didn't recognise the faces so they might have been from out the area!"

I said they would no doubt have doubled their effort had it been the policeman's own wallet and bank card on film!

I hope your daughter gets more satisfaction and help than I did.
Mups, l agree but l know some people will say, why did she take all those things out in her bag, why didn’t she insure her phone?
I think she (naively) thought in the nice town we live, you could trust people .... but obviously you can’t!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:14 PM

I never carry my driving licence on me, but other than that I don't see yur daughter had anything inadvisable in her bag, just make up, train ticket phone and money?
Hope she gets somer result, but not very optimistic.
Rotten on top of Christmas too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Oh poor thing how upsetting.
And what a load of t*****s those policemen are !
It amazes me they have time and energy to chase people like Cliff Richard without a shred of evidence yet ignore ordinary people .
Re crime numbers
They never ever call back .
If you call them the policeman involved is always on leave , in court or off duty.you leave messages they never get back to you ,
tosspots !
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:26 PM

at least you found a policeman,down this way,they are rarer than rocking horse shite
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-12-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
at least you found a policeman,down this way,they are rarer than rocking horse shite
The one passing by was from Thames Police!
The local ones, a policewoman, first words to my daughter were, ‘Are you drunk?’
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:38 PM

Come back old Dixon of Dock Green proper police they were they even had the time to say "Morning All"
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:40 PM

They're too busy policing the web for hate speech and the odd racist word, along with nicking motorists for going 5mph over the speed limit.

Bunch of incompetent pussies who only go after easy targets.
They are a disgrace.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-12-2017, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They're too busy policing the web for hate speech and the odd racist word, along with nicking motorists for going 5mph over the speed limit.

Bunch of incompetent pussies who only go after easy targets.
They are a disgrace.
fender, l hate to say it but l agree with you!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top