Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 08:20 PM

Re: Whose Side Are The Police Really On?

That's horrible Art, I hate losing anything and a bag is so personal.

I think the police in the Midlands are very busy just now, here is an example from my local paper

POLICE in Alcester are looking into a "suspicious" incident involving a car driving in and out of a cul de sac.

The incident happened in Coughton Hill at around 8pm on Thursday, December 14.

The car has been described as a Black Mercedes C Class.

Police said the caller was not sure of its purpose there.

Is it believed no offences took place.

Anyone with any information can call the police on 101.
you could't make it up could you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 08:56 PM

That's terrible Art, but if I am to be honest, I have never had a great deal of faith in the UK police. Friends of ours were once burgled in broad daylight, they lived in a quiet cul de sac. The burglers actually removed the front door and took everything they could lay their hands on. When our friends phoned the police they were told "phone your insurance company, what do you expect us to do". The husband told the police he expected them to come and see the damage and take fingerprints, he was told "that only happens in TV programmes" !

I wish your daughter luck, I really do. It's horrible when something like this happens.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 09:06 PM

Have never trusted the coppers since me and a mate were beaten up by two of the bastards in 1971 while coming home from a rock concert minding our own business.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
they're too busy policing the web for hate speech and the odd racist word, along with nicking motorists for going 5mph over the speed limit.

Bunch of incompetent pussies who only go after easy targets.
They are a disgrace.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 04:36 AM

I'm not a fan...but....the system is wrong.

Not enough cops to cope with the drunken antics of the once a year drinkers going ott.

The call system that categorises the seriousness of the offence etc.

I'd have thought the cops would have jumped at the chance to tazer a few mentally challenged drop outs.....they are so good at it

.Hope she gets it sorted.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 05:19 AM

Hi

i have worked with the Police for many years.

They are a New Breed now.

Statistics are everything.

I have a Notice of Intended Prosecution for failing to report an accident on a Car Park.

I am alleged to have hit a car.

At the time of the alleged offence, my car was on my drive, not 9 miles away.

I did not arrive on that Car Park until an hour later.

I have had no contact until the letter, a month after the alleged offence.

This will be something I wish I could avoid at the moment, I have enough on my plate to deal with.

Watch this space.

I have contacted them by telephone, only to be completely dismissed by an arrogant little git.

It is an Insurance Scam.

I will not be backing down.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That's terrible Art, but if I am to be honest, I have never had a great deal of faith in the UK police. Friends of ours were once burgled in broad daylight, they lived in a quiet cul de sac. The burglers actually removed the front door and took everything they could lay their hands on. When our friends phoned the police they were told "phone your insurance company, what do you expect us to do". The husband told the police he expected them to come and see the damage and take fingerprints, he was told "that only happens in TV programmes" !

I wish your daughter luck, I really do. It's horrible when something like this happens.
Did they live in Alcester?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 08:50 AM

Hi

There is something.

You can hit a Copper and be released with a warning, seriously wrong at the moment

Middle class , car taxed, with Insurance and MOT, you will get done.

Smash into Mup's Wall and not even a Statement taken.

The Police work with our consent, they are rapidly loosing it.

Time for a change.

I have worked with the Police for many years, held them in the highest regard.

Times have changed, I no longer trust them.

Easy targets to meet their stats, no taking on the real bad guys.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 09:00 AM

There was something on the news about a rule (Law?) controlling social behaviour, being abused by local councils, to the extent, a lady got jailed for six months for being Homeless. The question that ran through my mind, having watched numerous programmes of the Police Chase ilk, that a youth can steal a car, spend two hours wrecking havoc, driving at indecent speeds, on the wrong side of the road, endangering innocent Human Life, damaging public property (Police Cars), and when taken to Court, get a slap on the wrist.
Not sure it's all the Polices Fault.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 09:24 AM

I understand all of the feelings towards police but shouldn't we delve a little deeper into the problem?
The number of police is reducing, whilst the rate of crime is increasing, so how can we expect the service we used to get?

Too many people think the world owes them a living, so see nothing wrong in stealing, or committing other offences

If we don't have the money to adequately police and punish crimes... perhaps we should make the punishments so harsh that the criminals won't consider doing the crime again.
Every criminal knows the law, and what they do is wrong, so isn't it time we stopped feeling sorry for them and let them know what punishment really is?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top