Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Government and Plastics

Plastics.
I am pleased to see that the government is moving on disposable plastics .
It's something that I been campaigning for in a small ways for years .
We simply don't need disposable plastic badges for everything we are destroying the environment and harming the sea and marine life .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...c-bottle-waste
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 04:14 PM

Re: Government and Plastics

I am glad to see that the government is doing more to reduce plastics but I do feel they should be targeting the manufacturers rather than consumers.

I always reused carrier bags by placing them in my kitchen bin to collect the non-recyclable rubbish. Now, I have to buy them instead, so the amount of plastic I throw away has not been reduced.

My council will not accept carrier bags as recycling plus I also have to put any bin bags I have used into a black sack otherwise they will not take them. The black sacks have to then be put inside a tough re-usable bag that the council supplies.

I do agree that some plastic items are not necessary, things like straws. Do we really need them?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top