Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 12:39 PM

post viral depression.

I have had some sort of virus lasting more than three weeks. It's left me feeling washed out physically and feeling quite weepy & depressed.

I need some sort of a boost but no idea what.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: post viral depression.

Hi carol , big hug to you , I know how you feel . I got hit with the flu before Xmas and just when I thought it was gone another nasty virus hit again so for around 4 weeks I've not been well . I'm clear now at last but the tiredness is difficult . I'm building up my immune system now . I also find these dark days hard and lack of light and sunshine . I'm trying to keep busy and active . I keep saying it's my age . Hope you start to feel better and brighter soon . X
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Carol, on a few occasions my mood has changed during an awful illness and i really don't think you will find any magic cure. Viruses tend to make you feel down , even after the awful symptoms have gone.
Even if you feel better, give yourself more rest for 3-4 weeks and if you have any energy to spend, use it doing something you really enjoy.

I had a viral chest infection last year but had still lost my get up and go, even when I was feeling better. My doctor told me "You won't be better for another 6 weeks, so do a bit less and enjoy a bit more"
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 01:54 PM

Good advice given Carol, these viruses can really knock the stuffing out of you. et out into the Sun if you get a chance, and take it slowly.

regards nom.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:19 PM

I used to get these post-viral depressions when I was in my 20s and usually after a sore throat. You need to give yourself some tlc for a few days, eat food that is healthy and alkaline (avoid processed foods, sugar and red meat) and pamper yourself. The body needs to get rid of the residual toxins and get back into balance.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:29 PM

I'm in the midst of something now,off to the doctors later,bad chest leaving me breathless but no sign of the flu thankfully ie: no shakes or shivers,aching muscles, runny nose etc.Should say I don't get depressed about it,it just pees me off I hate being ill.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 04:16 PM

Sorry to hear You've not yet recovered Carol,but as others have said,lots of rest,liquids,and fruit to get Your vit'C levels back up....I know You have other worries which won't help,but maybe plan a weekend break away somewhere to look forward to when You're better..Hope You'll soon be Yourself again ((((((((hug)))))))
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 05:19 PM

Oh! Carol.
You have already been given lots of good advice from others here.
Follow the advice, and I wish you a full recovery very soon back to your usual normal lovely self.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Thinking of you Carol and sending you a ((((hug))))...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 06:06 PM

I hope you’ll feel better soon Carol, meanwhile take things easy while you regain your strength. Enjoy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top