Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:33 PM

Phones ,any advice

I need a new house phone but have no idea of what is best, I have one connection in my living room and one in my bedroom upstairs,I wouls like one in my kitchen cut dont have a connection/point, can this be done,I dont want anything complicated , just one to send/receive calls to friends and a few businesses Any advice please ?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:43 PM

Re: Phones ,any advice

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I need a new house phone but have no idea of what is best, I have one connection in my living room and one in my bedroom upstairs,I wouls like one in my kitchen cut dont have a connection/point, can this be done,I dont want anything complicated , just one to send/receive calls to friends and a few businesses Any advice please ?
Just go cordless, you can have as many or as few handsets as you like.
We just have a twin setup. One downstairs and one up. The "master" one is the one that goes near your connection point.

Here's an example, but has 4 handsets..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-K...6307812&sr=1-3

Edit.......

Here's the one with 3.......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-K...12&sr=1-3&th=1
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:53 PM

Panasonic get decent reviews.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Panasonic get decent reviews.
I've used them for years - still do!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:38 PM

Another vote for Panasonic. We have a Panasonic twin set (2 phones) and they pick up the signal all over the house. Cordless phones have come a long way and i can't honestly see why anyone now would want a fixed point telephone.
Take Fendes advice and go for one of the options he posted

You only need to have the base unit near preferably the first telephone point and within reach of mains power.

All the others docking units only need plugging into a power socket to charge up the phones when docked
you then can do away with any other telephone points in the house

I would suggest keeping one of your existing phone in a cupboard or somewhere just in case there is a power failure and the phones don't work
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 11:33 PM

I used to use the BT Studio cordless phones until I had the landline disconnected, very good they were too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 11:45 PM

When I worked for BT when we did home and business properties, the bulk of our work was on the home side. I would have been out of work now with no cables to run. Luckily I went into installing switchboards.

Little story about that
We were asked by a customer to provide 15 telephone sockets in this huge house. it required several engineers to carry out this work in a day So the lady of the house was asked if she wanted the cables run inside or outside. She wanted them run inside. So all day we were cabling and got the job done in the day booked.

Hubby came home that evening and went up the wall, he wanted the cables run outside the house. So he rang our office and asked who told us to run the cables inside. Our inspector said his wife did,so that is what his engineers did.

If he wanted then rerouted outside he would have to pay for a new installation and also the recovery of what was done.
Serious lack of communication between hubby and wife. I would love to have been a fly on the wall, especially when he found out here was a maximum of 4 phones allowed as the ringing circuit couldn't handle more without a booster fitted in the house.

Prior to that the circuits were wired differently and the phones were in a fixed position so one could have up to 6 phones on a line
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:04 AM

Another vote here for Panasonic.
We've had ours for 13 years now (3 handsets) - still going strong.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:04 PM

We have BT cordless phones which are great apart from one thing. There is no loudspeaker so unless you don’t mind hanging onto the phone for ages while you get to the appropriate person, make sure it has a loudspeaker facility! I’m surprised phones are made without these days!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:47 PM

I have this trimphone from the 70s:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top