Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:53 PM

Re: Tom Jones what a creep

Apparently he has tried over the years to make contact with his biological father and has been ignored.
Everyone needs a little helping hand in this world
He is a man now but was a child spurned and this probaby has affected him.
It doesn't affect everyone but not everyone is the same .
Children even adult children are affected by things .
It can't have been great to know that you were the product of a quick fling and meant nothing to his progenitor .
Tom Jones is mega rich and has done but the bare minimum for the child he begat .
He has never been a father to him in any way the least he could do is help him financially .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:10 PM

I think he needs more than just money, Muddy.
What's to say if he was given loads of money, he wouldn't blow it on more drugs? He needs to get his thinking straight first, and money won't do that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think he needs more than just money, Muddy.
What's to say if he was given loads of money, he wouldn't blow it on more drugs? He needs to get his thinking straight first, and money won't do that.

Very true, but if TJ paid for it, he could go into a private clinic to help him with his addiction(s).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We know nothing of this relationship (or lack of), except for what one half it has told the press.
It appears Tom is not a father to him in any sense of the word except he 'made a baby' with a stranger 30 odd years ago, and he paid for this child's upkeep for the next 18 years.

There is 30 years of history to know about before I would know what to think, I couldn't pass judgement on two people's lives from a newspsper write-up by someone I don't know from Adam. I would need to hear both sides.

I do agree with Julie about this man is going the wrong way about it by going to the papers.

As for the young man's life on drink and drugs, no one can say that is because of Tom Jones, and his lack of parental care, that's ridiculous.
Many kids who have both parents still go off the rails.
This young man is not a kid any more though, he is in his 30's and can make decisions for himself.

The article said he got the sack for asking for a day off. Seems strange to me. Again, has anyone spoken to the employer and asked if there were many other reasons too?
Has anyone asked Jon Jones why he hasn't got another job? Is he even trying? Could he stay with his Mother until he finds work, does he have to sleep in a hostel?

I am not defending, or condemning, either side because I know almost nothing of the missing 30 years, but at the moment I think I feel this young man is blaming all his problems in life on others - his biological father, his employer, his drinking/drug habit etc - instead of realising his own responsibilities to himself as well.
Yes I agree Mups, there are two sides to every story and the media are renowned for stirring up trouble. I would have to know a lot more before I condemned either party.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Very true, but if TJ paid for it, he could go into a private clinic to help him with his addiction(s).
It's like emotional blackmail, if his Dad was just an ordinary John or poor, the son probably wouldn't give his Dad the time of day...I bet the son made a few quid out of the story, so indirectly Tom has helped him....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Never liked the Jones boy or his music, never will .....
Same here, I always thought he was in love with himself. Has that .....Look at me I'm wonderful attitude..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's like emotional blackmail, if his Dad was just an ordinary John or poor, the son probably wouldn't give his Dad the time of day...I bet the son made a few quid out of the story, so indirectly Tom has helped him....
Good point !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 03:55 PM

I'm indifferent about his music.
As for his family life, that's none of our business.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:13 PM

Never liked the man nor his music. As far as this son goes, Tom was ordered to pay maintenance money up until the boy turned 18 as far as I can tell. A bit of a non-story.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:17 PM

But he isn't he's a man with the means to help .
Lots of celebrities have had children due to a quick one night stand and it's no credit to them that ignore them.
Mark Phillips is another he has a daughter he has never seen or recognised in any way ( she is grown now and is a veterinary surgeon )
Other do recognise them and care for them ,they are after all their own children and who didn't ask to be born .

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top