Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:07 PM

Re: Tap washer replacement

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, me too.
And me.

Those ceramic discs are a pain in the arse - we had a set of `beer pump` style taps and the constant drip, drip, drip drove me crackers. I ended up putting a new mixer tap in. Hasn't dripped since.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 10:24 AM

I had trouble with a dripping tap and the ceramic disc thing's,saw an old boy in a plumbers merchants who advised soaking the valve overnight in vinegar to dissolve any crap that might be in it,done the trick,his advise was don't let sww fool into thinking their water is perfect.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And me.

Those ceramic discs are a pain in the arse - we had a set of `beer pump` style taps and the constant drip, drip, drip drove me crackers. I ended up putting a new mixer tap in. Hasn't dripped since.
You can still get the old type of mixer tap which will accept a standard ten pence rubber washer Judd, that's going to be my solution the next time the ceramic one starts dripping again.....and it will.....as sure as eggs is eggs.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally, ceramic disc valves were said to last 'a life time.' But the manufacturers' idea of a life time was about five years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Originally, ceramic disc valves were said to last 'a life time.' But the manufacturers' idea of a life time was about five years.
That's right Longdogs and it's a step backwards if you ask me....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:20 PM

I take the cartridge apart and clean all the components, then put them back together with a smear of Vaseline.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I take the cartridge apart and clean all the components, then put them back together with a smear of Vaseline.
Do they come apart Purwell?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do they come apart Purwell?
Of course they do.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

21-01-2018, 04:18 PM

Of course they do.
You can even buy the component parts discs etc, but I think you might have to make sure they are the right size.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-01-2018, 08:59 PM

You can even buy the component parts discs etc, but I think you might have to make sure they are the right size.
Thanks Purwell I'll have a go at servicing one the next time one drips.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top