Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Re: Dementia

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think there is some confusion between dementia and depression here

Dementia isn't depression it's plaque growing in the brain .
Thus it takes many different forms sometimes as well as failing memory there loss of sight or mobility .The person is no longer the one they were they don't recognise their loved ones and may become violent and difficult.
It's very sad and nothing to do with being affluent or poor .

Depression is deep and chronic sadness but has few physical symptoms .
Correct .
Dementia has nothing to do with a person not being able to cope with problems in life.
Glad some other members found the 1st post puzzling .
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:01 PM

Quoted from Alzheimers Society

"Apathy, Depression and anxiety, are common conditions experienced by people with Dementia"

I have experience of depression leading to Dementia as my friend started with depression, and got worse and unable to work .This lead to Dementia and she is now able to claim benefits. but no emotional help part from friends who help her emotionally

Much more research needs to be done as many sufferers are isolated and without any family support.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Quoted from Alzheimers Society

"Apathy, Depression and anxiety, are common conditions experienced by people with Dementia"

I have experience of depression leading to Dementia as my friend started with depression, and got worse and unable to work .This lead to Dementia and she is now able to claim benefits. but no emotional help part from friends who help her emotionally

Much more research needs to be done as many sufferers are isolated and without any family support.
That's interesting azure. Worrying too.

I always thought it could be pollution or chemicals we put into and on ourselves but if it's linked with depression we need to try and find a way to treat that better than we do currently.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Depression doesn't lead to dementia Azure dementia is a physical brain disease .

Anyone can get it depressed or not.

Many high profile people suffered from dementia ie Harold Wilson a man of very high intelligence .
Although when a person is in the early stages of dementia no doubt they do feel depressed if they are aware of what is happening to them .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:06 PM

So are most dementias.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Depression doesn't lead to dementia Azure dementia is a physical brain disease .

Anyone can get it depressed or not
Hi

Depression can be attributed to a lack of certain chemicals in the brain.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's interesting azure. Worrying too.

I always thought it could be pollution or chemicals we put into and on ourselves but if it's linked with depression we need to try and find a way to treat that better than we do currently.
Yes Julie, I think the same, and try to avoid all chemicals in food in fact if I accidentally eat any chemicals them i feel ill
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Dementia can come attached to other medical problems, i.e. when I had my delirium it had aspects of dementia; I was forever confused, forgetful and agitated. That was all on top of the cancer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Hi

My Dad started with Parkinson's, then dementia.

He was incredibly intelligent, he knew what was going on.

That caused depression and that is when he gave up and died.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

20-01-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Correct .
Dementia has nothing to do with a person not being able to cope with problems in life.
Glad some other members found the 1st post puzzling .

I am beginning to think I speak 'Chinese'

I do research before posting, and have years of experience on many subjects.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top