Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Re: detained for four years

Airbag?

It always seems to be the driver(the one committing the offence) that survives.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:07 PM

I think I agree with Tpin and Julie on this,because everybody in that car was involved in committing a crime... no matter what their age they all knew they were doing wrong!

If some the others had survived but the car had killed an innocent pedestrian I would have expected a much longer sentence for all. We all know the saying " If you can't do the time don't do the crime"
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Most certainly not.

My friend had her son murdered (knife to the heart) by a 16 year old high on drugs. He got only seven years, because he had no previous convictions !! She got a life sentence of heartache...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I agree with Tpin and Julie on this,because everybody in that car was involved in committing a crime... no matter what their age they all knew they were doing wrong!

If some the others had survived but the car had killed an innocent pedestrian I would have expected a much longer sentence for all. We all know the saying " If you can't do the time don't do the crime"
Hmm .. I think see what you mean (?) ... partially guilty victims so the severity of the actual crime is viewed in a less harsh light?

I can't really go with that one. A life is a life.
But wouldn't that be the same as saying a drug dealer gets off lighter because he's only supplying a drug user who is complicit in their own fate?
A man who rapes a prostitute gets off lighter because his victim isn't above reproach herself?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Hi

The problem I see is that it would set a precedent, so the next time, when innocents are killed, the same sentence would be applied.

It would, at the very least, bu used in an appeal against the severity of the sentence.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Only the plus side it has removed 5 scrotes from the gene pool
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem I see is that it would set a precedent, so the next time, when innocents are killed, the same sentence would be applied.

It would, at the very least, bu used in an appeal against the severity of the sentence.
It would introduce a bit of a slippery slope.

Wouldn't it be strange ... the more leniently inclined wouldn't know whether to view the guilty in a kinder light and make allowances for his faults .. based on the fact that the victims were also at fault so have forfeited their posthumous right to full justice for their death.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hmm .. I think see what you mean (?) ... partially guilty victims so the severity of the actual crime is viewed in a less harsh light?

But wouldn't that be the same as saying a drug dealer gets off lighter because he's only supplying a drug user who is complicit in their own fate?
A man who rapes a prostitute gets off lighter because his victim isn't above reproach herself?
It is a hard one to judge, which is why I only said "I think I agree with Tpin and Julie!
I am not sure I would put your 2 examples in the same light though, because drug dealers are criminals no matter who they sell drugs to, as is the rapist, no matter who he rapes.
Maybe the car driver should have been punished more but why was he the one driving? Those boys wouldn't have been in that car if they were not involved in stealing of it...and that is the reason they died.
I think my opinion may have been different if I had heard the whole case in court..... but it is a hard one to make a decision on!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

No that's not quite how I see it, they all of them could have been at the wheel, they all could have been in that dock charged with the death of the others. I hear the sister of one of them talking like this 15 year old is evil, her brother was 24 years old and chose to get in that car and commit a crime with the boy.

Murder of a prostitute I'd say she was an innocent just doing her job.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is a hard one to judge, which is why I only said "I think I agree with Tpin and Julie!
I am not sure I would put your 2 examples in the same light though, because drug dealers are criminals no matter who they sell drugs to, as is the rapist, no matter who he rapes.Maybe the car driver should have been punished more but why was he the one driving? Those boys wouldn't have been in that car if they were not involved in stealing of it...and that is the reason they died.
I think my opinion may have been different if I had heard the whole case in court..... but it is a hard one to make a decision on!
I'd go with that ... but that's why I think ... he killed 5 people no matter who they were.
Will he grow up thinking ... I killed 5 people but it doesn't matter so much because we were all having a lark.
It might help salve his conscience a bit.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top