Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Re: detained for four years

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No that's not quite how I see it, they all of them could have been at the wheel, they all could have been in that dock charged with the death of the others. I hear the sister of one of them talking like this 15 year old is evil, her brother was 24 years old and chose to get in that car and commit a crime with the boy.
If the 15 year old was evil .. I'd say they all were.
Or they were all just plain stupid.
The sister can't really say anything in defence of her brother... at 24 he has to accept some responsibility for the idiocy. Some would say a larger portion given his age.
Even so ... someone has to carry the can and I still feel the sentence was too short for causing 5 deaths.

Murder of a prostitute I'd say she was an innocent just doing her job.
Ooeer Julie She's not really just going about her job though is she?
Still, I somehow suspect we'd be in agreement over the legalisation of prostitution both to protect the women and protect men who just want to put sex on a business footing between two consenting adults.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
If the 15 year old was evil .. I'd say they all were.
Or they were all just plain stupid.
The sister can't really say anything in defence of her brother... at 24 he has to accept some responsibility for the idiocy. Some would say a larger portion given his age.
Even so ... someone has to carry the can and I still feel the sentence was too short for causing 5 deaths.

Ooeer Julie She's not really just going about her job though is she?
Still, I somehow suspect we'd be in agreement over the legalisation of prostitution both to protect the women and protect men who just want to put sex on a business footing between two consenting adults.
I'm not sure prostitution is actually illegal ? I may be wrong but I thought it was the man breaking the law ?

But I'm again saying any consenting sexual act should be legal. So prostitution although not for me is fine if men and women wish to go in that direction as it were.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Maybe he was the only one wearing a seat belt?
Again a brillant retort from you.

PS that is not a sneering reply I agree with it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure prostitution is actually illegal ? I may be wrong but I thought it was the man breaking the law ?

But I'm again saying any consenting sexual act should be legal. So prostitution although not for me is fine if men and women wish to go in that direction as it were.
I think you could be right on that ..
Prostitution is not illegal ... but soliciting for sex is.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:21 PM

I'd go with that ... but that's why I think ... he killed 5 people no matter who they were.
Will he grow up thinking ... I killed 5 people but it doesn't matter so much because we were all having a lark.
It might help salve his conscience a bit.
You could be right Mort! When i heard the first report of these boys being killed I was shocked as I thought it would be poor innocent children killed in a hit and run. As the story gave more details I was relieved that it wasn't innocent kids and thought it served them right.
I am sure those thoughts influenced my opinion on the punishment.... but now your opinions are making me think, they were loved by someone, they may have changed as they got older, so their lives were worth more than 4 years in prison. I believe in strong punishments when innocents are hurt, and maybe that should apply to all!
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:30 PM

Some of them were innocent children (as far as we know).
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Hmm .. I think see what you mean (?) ... partially guilty victims so the severity of the actual crime is viewed in a less harsh light?

I can't really go with that one. A life is a life.
But wouldn't that be the same as saying a drug dealer gets off lighter because he's only supplying a drug user who is complicit in their own fate?
A man who rapes a prostitute gets off lighter because his victim isn't above reproach herself?
His age may just work for him in that he may respond to rehabilitation.

He will serve his time with young offenders which will be less of a distraction/criminal education than if he were in the big boy's jail, which a longer sentence would have guaranteed.

Method in the Judge's madness?.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Only the plus side it has removed 5 scrotes from the gene pool
Don't forget all the money that has been saved....prison fee's, insurance claims, dole etc.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Some of them were innocent children (as far as we know).
What were twelve year olds doing out on the streets with lads in their twenties? I always knew where, and with whom my children were, as did my daughter when her sons were growing up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
What were twelve year olds doing out on the streets with lads in their twenties? I always knew where, and with whom my children were, as did my daughter when her sons were growing up.
Very true I often wonder why parents allow their kids to get out at times, I've always known where mine were too.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top