Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:52 PM

Re: Assisted dying

And therein lies the rub.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Does Your Old Man lock His bedroom room at night Tara?

No,I could not smother Someone I loved,,gawd forbid...I agree..assisted dying should be made legal and the sooner the better,
Yep, I have told him I have a pillow awaiting the day when he drives me completely nuts!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Killing - to deprive of life : cause the death of : an act of causing death, especially deliberately.
If you had a choice of giving someone a life of painful torture and death, which would be the ethical choice? I would say that if someone spends their life in painful torture that is not life. It is pure hell.

We send people to prison as punishment, we no longer string them up and torture them because it's inhumane. But I see being trapped in a painful body, unable to do anything of pleasure and waking every day to the eternal nightmare as the same as being in a prison on a rack or being broken on a wheel only to wake to the nightmare the next day, like Prometheus and the eagle.

If that's what people want to live with then fine, but if they want an end to the torture then I don't see it as ending a life. Their life was over already. It is a release from pain and suffering. I simply do not understand why we cannot have a law like Switzerland. We are not children to be lectured to by State conservatism, we have a right to choose.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 07:01 PM

Yes we do have a right to choose and yes we should have a law like Switzerland just as long as the ending of life is done by the professionals and kept out of the hands of well meaning relatives.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 07:09 PM

which is why people should make a plan for this before they are in that situation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Yes we do have a right to choose and yes we should have a law like Switzerland just as long as the ending of life is done by the professionals and kept out of the hands of well meaning relatives.
Professional Life Enders?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Professional Life Enders?
What's wrong with that? Vets euthanise our pets.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:16 AM

It should be our choice, aided only if we cant physically do it ourselves, but a peaceful passing wilthout all the fuss.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top