Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 05:42 PM

sRGB or RGB ?

which is better to use with digital cameras?
One for the experts on here
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: sRGB or RGB ?

sRGB as that is what all the photo editing software is based on.

The later arrival Adobe RGB has more vibrant colours and some of the latest printers are calibrated to use RGB giving a different colour to what is seen on screen.

This site refers
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:25 PM

found this but still not any clearer

https://www.nec-display-solutions.co...nagement.xhtml

getting a bit to technical for my poor overworked brain. So make it easy and which should I use? Up to now I have been using RGB
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:56 PM

Ok, let's take this from the top.

Screen calibration. A computer screen will, over time, display an erroneous colour and should be re-calibrated periodically.

This calibration will be set for the default for that screen. This handy programme will allow you to calibrate the screen so you are not showing colours with a blue/red/green hue to it.

This only has a bearing on the sRGB and RGB in photo editing in that with a poorly calibrated screen you will produce images that have different colour hues to them, as your base colour scheme on your computer is incorrect.

sRGB has the same colour range as RGB, only the colour is muted. The photo editing package's default is to sRGB so I would go with that - I do. If your package is defaulted to RGB, go with the flow.

I may change the colour for a particular photograph to RGB if I want a more vibrant colour.

I hope this helps.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-02-2018, 12:12 AM

yes thanks for that.

One thing to mention though is a photo on the monitor is back lite and a hard copy isn't. This I find can affect a difference in colour
So calibrating a monitor may not be the total answer

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top