Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:08 PM

Constipation

This has been a part of my problems - probably because of all the meds I've been on but I can't seem to loosen up despite being on meds for this too.

I've heard all the advice: move around, drink plenty of fluids, eat prunes (forgot them today) does anyone have any advice short of having to have a suppository?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:20 PM

Re: Constipation

You can't beat a Glycerin Suppository, five minutes and it's all over without tummy ache too!
Trust me I'm a dispenser!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Pineapple. Whether as a juice or a fruit ... not only is it good for constipation it encourages regular bowel movement and helps the whole digestive tract, especially for anyone who might suffer a little IBS or prone to irregular bowel habits.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You can't beat a Glycerin Suppository, five minutes and it's all over without tummy ache too!

Thing is Tess, that may well get rid of the problem, but not the cause of it, so it will recur.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:54 PM

a regular dose of syrup of Figs once a week , its a natural remedy....Always drink plenty of water in your diet....
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

its a good way , if your desperate, but then your back to square one , tessA....
Cosmos
UK

18-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Pineapple. Whether as a juice or a fruit ... not only is it good for constipation it encourages regular bowel movement and helps the whole digestive tract, especially for anyone who might suffer a little IBS or prone to irregular bowel habits.

over a certain age, there seems to be alot of people suffering from diverticulitis......
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Some people just like to be fashionable ,even in respect of having certain illnesses .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Hi Ffosse the apples you bought today are good. Nothing like an apple a day to help you go! But you may want to avoid bread and fatty foods like cheese for a few days as they are hard to digest and stay in your system longer making it sluggish.

In my experience meat and fatty foods should be given less priority in your diet. Grilled fish is good, low fat chicken, boiled celery, carrots avoid spuds and pasta for a few days. Although a jacket potato with baked beans a bit of coleslaw might be ok. I think scrambled or fried eggs are good and tomatoes if you're allowed them. Low fat cheese like cottage cheese is good particularly on some healthy brown seeded bread with some tomatoes. Stewed prunes in natural yoghurt seem to work for some but I reckon it takes a bit more than that. Perhaps try drinking kefir if you can find it at your supermarket.

A complete change for a few days should hopefully get things moving in the right direction! Good luck in the loo
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Some people just like to be fashionable ,even in respect of having certain illnesses .
Zu ... that foxed me a bit. Is there such a thing as a fashionable illness?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top