Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: Constipation

Try lemon in hot water.

An old cure for constipated babies was to dissolve dark brown sugar in a small amount of warm water and drink it. It certainly worked on one of my grandsons when he was a baby, within half an hour of drinking the stuff he went off like a hand grenade.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
over a certain age, there seems to be alot of people suffering from diverticulitis......
Some people just like to appear fashionable even in respect of illnesses .
To avoid constipation you need to rethink your diet .
Perhaos make a list of a typical day's meals and we could point to where you might need to eliminate and/ or introduce more beneficial foodstuffs ?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:13 PM

Zuleika, The op is just out of hospital having just been treated for cancer and is on a lot of drugs ATM which is possibly the cause of the constipation. I know that one of the drugs he's on does cause constipation as I too was on them recently.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Zu ... that foxed me a bit. Is there such a thing as a fashionable illness?
Of course there is !
It won't be a life threatening one ,just something to talk about you know..
Constipation definitely isn't one of them tho.
Not being a sufferer ,quite the opposite in fact ,I can sympathise who anyone who has a genuine problem .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:30 PM

Yes I'm in the invidious position of taking cancer drugs and meds for my condition which cause me constipation but also taking 3 drugs (mostly natural like henna) designed to loosen me up. I won't forget the prunes tomorrow and will ease up on the cheese. Where can I get a glycerin suppository? My mind seems to be catastrophising some - probably to others - problems at the present. Still, I've had a good day and anticipate and look forward to another 12 to 8 sleep.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:44 PM

This is the best.. it doesn't give you the runs just makes everything softer. When in hospital with cancer a few of us were not allowed to be constipated. This is what we took, but instead of the teaspoon full we would take a swig .
If it gets rid of a backlog (pardon the pun) it then helps with your daily intake of fibre etc.
Two different sizes available. Supermarkets chemist is cheapest.

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:59 PM

The hospital gave me sachets of Laxido to mix with water and take for constipation. One or two a day but in extreme cases up to 7!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:05 PM

I have both the above products.....going to see if I can walk about a bit more tomorrow, visit the health shop for prunes and maybe some dried apricot.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I have both the above products.....going to see if I can walk about a bit more tomorrow, visit the health shop for prunes and maybe some dried apricot.
They are good too. Are you taking codeine ? That is the worst, I refused to take it when the doctors suggested it .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:20 PM

Massaging your tummy might bring some relief.
There's a special way of doing it to relieve constipation.

Instructions how to do it on YouTube & other sites.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top