Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:26 PM

Re: Constipation

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
They are good too. Are you taking codeine ? That is the worst, I refused to take it when the doctors suggested it .
Yes, but quite low amounts - I need some for the pain.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Massaging your tummy might bring some relief.
There's a special way of doing it to relieve constipation.

Instructions how to do it on YouTube & other sites.
Thank you.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You can't beat a Glycerin Suppository, five minutes and it's all over without tummy ache too!
Trust me I'm a dispenser!
Ditto......

Take this a few times, and your body will soon be fairly regulated, then eventually you will only need one, about every other month.

If you take one today, 5 minutes and it is over, then tomorrow you will probably go fine as there is still some in your system.

I had bowel cancer, so now I have IBS..so it doesn't matter what I do with my diet, I got this, so the suppositories are just the thing for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-02-2018, 11:29 PM

If it doesn't ease within the next 5 days, I think I'll go down the suppository route - I've had cancer twice now (still have it) plus pancraeatitis so am familiar with bouts of constipation.

Knowing of them doesn't prevent me feeling a bit rotten and ruminating on them, though.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
If it doesn't ease within the next 5 days, I think I'll go down the suppository route - I've had cancer twice now (still have it) plus pancraeatitis so am familiar with bouts of constipation.

Knowing of them doesn't prevent me feeling a bit rotten and ruminating on them, though.
Sending you thoughts for a better day tomorrow .
If you manage to get to a chemist shop I'm sure you will be able to buy glycerine suppositorys over the counter for quick temporary relief .
There's also something still on the market called Syrup of Figs .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
They are good too. Are you taking codeine ? That is the worst, I refused to take it when the doctors suggested it .

I've heard this said before about Codeine, Puddles.
Never taken it myself, but I know others that have.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:51 AM

I just remembered ref the post on warm water with brown sugar, you can drink just boiled warm water from the kettle first thing and it has quite an effect too. You can add lemon juice but there's something about warm water which wakes up the bowel....
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 06:50 AM

Oats-try oat cakes,Oaty bread,oatybix.Drink lots of orange juice.Works for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Again, thanks for the advice, I have plenty of porridge I could be eating - I had no idea you could buy suppositories over the counter.

Anyway, I had another great sleep 12 'til 9:30. It's easy to forget how little quality sleep I can get in hospital.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Because of my meds I have to eat brown bread, prunes keep very hydrated, whole wheat pasta anything might help. If I forget my meds oh my the effect is astonishing I'm hardly off the loo all day. Makes me wonder what would happen if I wasn't eating all that fibre !

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top