Join for free
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:00 PM

Re: Having fun.

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I thought it was hilarious. Teach the woman to have some consideration for the people who pay her wages.

Good for you Fogey.
It does make me mad when they whisk through stuff like that, especially as some start before I've even finished unpacking the trolley!
Some with manners will pause and let you catch up, but others just carry on until they can't get any more on the checkout.

It is so silly IMO, because when they have to wait for you at the end, they haven't saved any time after all, have they!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've never done a big shop in there, but people have told me if you do, you need to be battle ready
I have home deliveries now so don't encounter those problems.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:02 PM

I don't blame you Fogey, I probably would have done the same thing, they are suppose to wait until you have all your food on the counter, I personally would have said some to her, like could you please slow down a bit until I get some of my goods on the counter.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:03 PM

In all the other supermarkets I frequent the cashier will wait until you have finished loading your shopping on the belt before they start ringing it up.

That way you get to work in tandem with the cashier.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:03 PM

The thing that annoys me, is customers chatting all the time about their day to the counter staff at the check-out and the queue is getting bigger.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Very unfair on the shoppers behind you. Being retired, you may have all the time in the world for childish games but they probably had jobs to go to, busses to catch, families to feed etc.

Instead of playing passive agressive games and inconveniencing innocent bystanders, you could have been assertive and ask her to slow down and help you and give you time to pack. And made a suggestion to the store manager about training up his staff on customer service.

Instead you amused yourself at everyone elses expense and didn't do anthing to change the situation in the future. I think it was very selfish and petty. It's no wonder young people get fed up with pensioners.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:13 PM

Oh crikey it was only a bit of mischief!
This is worse than being hauled up in front of the Head!
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Thinking about it, Twizzle could be right.

The girl was far too thick to pick the bones out of what happened.

I should have stopped loading and packing to explain to her that she was behaving inconsiderately by not allowing me time to finish loading up the conveyor belt before she started ringing up.

Not that it would have done any good, but I did enjoy myself.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oh crikey it was only a bit of mischief!
This is worse than being hauled up in front of the Head!
More like a silly old man showing off and making a nuisance of himself. Would you think it was as funny if a group of teenagers deliberately held you up in the queue? You’d probably report them to the head!
If I’d been in that queue and it became obvious he was doing it on purpose, I’d have had a few choice words to say.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Very unfair on the shoppers behind you. Being retired, you may have all the time in the world for childish games but they probably had jobs to go to, busses to catch, families to feed etc.

Instead of playing passive agressive games and inconveniencing innocent bystanders, you could have been assertive and ask her to slow down and help you and give you time to pack. And made a suggestion to the store manager about training up his staff on customer service.

Instead you amused yourself at everyone elses expense and didn't do anthing to change the situation in the future. I think it was very selfish and petty. It's no wonder young people get fed up with pensioners.
I agree, people are often in a hurry when doing their shopping and it is most annoying if they are held up by a customer chatting to the checkout operator, or deliberately being slow packing their goods.

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top