Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Having fun.

That explains it. All those holding me up in Sainsbury's are doing it for a laugh.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:31 PM

I think the cashiers in places like Iceland are trained to get customers through as quickly as possible so she was only doing her job. Maybe if she thought your old and doddery display was genuine she would have helped you. To be honest I appreciate checkout staff who get me through quickly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:33 PM

Fogey, You’d think the assistant would have helped you with your packing, so as to get a move on!

If, l had been behind you in the queue, l might have asked if you wanted me to help you pack but some older people are fiercely independent and don’t want help!
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
More like a silly old man showing off and making a nuisance of himself. Would you think it was as funny if a group of teenagers deliberately held you up in the queue? You’d probably report them to the head!
If I’d been in that queue and it became obvious he was doing it on purpose, I’d have had a few choice words to say.
Blatant rudeness like that by a cashier should not have to be tolerated. She inconvenienced me and I chose to inconvenience her. I let her know the inconvenience was deliberate with my parting remark.

Whether or not she had the perspicacity to understand what was being said to her I don't know.

I wish you or somebody did have a few choice words to say Twizzle.

I was just in the mood to give that person very short shrift.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Blatant rudeness like that by a cashier should not have to be tolerated. She inconvenienced me and I chose to inconvenience her. I let her know the inconvenience was deliberate with my parting remark.

Whether or not she had the perspicacity to understand what was being said to her I don't know.

I wish you or somebody did have a few choice words to say Twizzle.

I was just in the mood to give that person very short shrift.
So basically you were as bad, if not worse, than her, so in my opinion you haven't a leg to stand on.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oh crikey it was only a bit of mischief!
This is worse than being hauled up in front of the Head!
You should have expected it.....I thought it funny but as soon as I read it....I just knew who'd be on his case.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:43 PM

And your opinion means diddley squat, tarantula.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:44 PM

As adults we sometimes forget to have fun as children do without any possessions or money.

It is no fun going through Aldi's check out as it is like being on a conveyor belt and the staff have to get through as many customers as possible.

Their wages are higher than Tesco's and other Supermarkets
I put everything in the trolley and sort it out at the Counters where I can take my time.

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
So basically you were as bad, if not worse, than her, so in my opinion you haven't a leg to stand on.
Only with miserable old gits. .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
As adults we sometimes forget to have fun as children do without any possessions or money.

It is no fun going through Aldi's check out as it is like being on a conveyor belt and the staff have to get through as many customers as possible.

Their wages are higher than Tesco's and other Supermarkets
I put everything in the trolley and sort it out at the Counters where I can take my time.

Me too Azure, these value shops keep prices down because of volume and getting customers through quickly is part of that strategy. If people want slow personal service and their bags packed for them on request, go to Waitrose and pay their prices.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top