Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Re: Stuck help I shouted lol

Years ago I managed to get myself locked in the toilets at the old Castle Hotel in Mombasa. The toilets were at the back of the building and they had enormous heavy wooden doors with quite a large gap at the top and a smaller one at the bottom. The lock was a giant sized rusty bold. I pushed the bolt on but I couldn't push it back. I couldn't reach the top door gap and I couldn't squeeze under the bottom one.

I must have been shouting for about 15 minutes before anyone came. The man who came brought a hammer with him, which he pushed under the door. I was then able to hammer the bolt back so the door would open.
I never went in those toilets again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Years ago I managed to get myself locked in the toilets at the old Castle Hotel in Mombasa. The toilets were at the back of the building and they had enormous heavy wooden doors with quite a large gap at the top and a smaller one at the bottom. The lock was a giant sized rusty bold. I pushed the bolt on but I couldn't push it back. I couldn't reach the top door gap and I couldn't squeeze under the bottom one.

I must have been shouting for about 15 minutes before anyone came. The man who came brought a hammer with him, which he pushed under the door. I was then able to hammer the bolt back so the door would open.
I never went in those toilets again.
That reminds me on the second time I met my husband we went to a local club, the loos were a short walk across the carpark in a shed like building. We had a drink and he went to the loo. Half an hour later I was convinced he'd ditched me. As I was leaving unlocking my car I heard a plaintive cry from the loos, he'd got himself locked in couldn't budge the lock at all.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:12 PM

I was idiot enough to climb up the middle of Offa's Dyke, which was next to where we were living, getting on for 25 years ago. Half way up I found the brambles had closed in on me and I couldn't go forward or back. The only way out was to climb up the bank, which was about 30ft high. All the family were out and no one knew where I was. I was only wearing T shirt and shorts. About hour or so later I reached the summit, very badly scratched! As you can imagine I didn't exactly get a sympathetic response from my husband and children!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I was idiot enough to climb up the middle of Offa's Dyke, which was next to where we were living, getting on for 25 years ago. Half way up I found the brambles had closed in on me and I couldn't go forward or back. The only way out was to climb up the bank, which was about 30ft high. All the family were out and no one knew where I was. I was only wearing T shirt and shorts. About hour or so later I reached the summit, very badly scratched! As you can imagine I didn't exactly get a sympathetic response from my husband and children!
Wow I'm sure mine would have laughed at me T warped they are
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wow I'm sure mine would have laughed at me T warped they are
It wasn't exactly a laughing matter, especially as my husband has always relied on me to manage the home and family whilst he brought home the bacon. If have been killed, or seriously injured, he would have been in a right pickle, as he is hopeless where domestic tasks are concerned. He would have had to spend good money employing someone to do the tasks I did for free.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Oh Julie...you are a daft un!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-02-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It wasn't exactly a laughing matter, especially as my husband has always relied on me to manage the home and family whilst he brought home the bacon. If have been killed, or seriously injured, he would have been in a right pickle, as he is hopeless where domestic tasks are concerned. He would have had to spend good money employing someone to do the tasks I did for free.
For us even near death can be a laughing matter just different families T.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
For us even near death can be a laughing matter just different families T.
No accounting for taste!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Julie1962

Wheres yous bin then?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:51 PM

What a story, Julie! You seem to get yourself in some very funny pickles! I couldn't help but being tickled at the notion of any of us being shoved up and over a gate at our ages.

I once had the very interesting experience of getting locked in the stairwell of hospital late at night after a long day of chemo and infusions for my daughter.

The elevators were locked, so I found a stairway and half carried her down several flights. Once we got to the bottom, the door was locked, struggling our way back up, we found all the doors above us locked too.

I remember thinking, "All we need is a fire."

I pulled out my phone, but the structure of the building left me with no service.

Guessing that there had to be security or janitors in the building, I knocked on the door every few minutes, but that failed to work.

Finally, I noticed that one the uppermost floor, there was an opening between the stair railing and two floors. If I stood on the angled bannister just so, I might be able to squeeze through the space and find help.

It was a bit tricky with the angle of the stair rail, but I managed to hoist myself up, and get halfway through the space, when I security guard approached.

You can't even imagine the look on his face as this 50 something woman appeared to be coming through the wall like a hunting trophy. The first thing he asked me was, "May I help you?" Which caused me to burst out laughing.

He was most helpful and apologetic and even walked us to our car, but the whole experience was spooooooky.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top