Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:31 PM

Re: Complete Disregard of Public Opinion

If only there was a good alternative, I'm sure she would be out at the next election. We gave her a chance but she has failed imo.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:38 PM

It's a joke.
Most of the money is probably filtered off away from the intended anyway.
I'd cut foreign aid to zero tomorrow.

As stated, these countries need to sort themselves out. Not our problem!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If only there was a good alternative, I'm sure she would be out at the next election. We gave her a chance but she has failed imo.
I had high hopes at first, maybe another Maggie. However, it's transpired that she is utterly spineless. Mind you - show me one politician that gives a toss about what the electorate think?

They are all as useless as each other. Headless chickens would be better, but we don't have a headless chicken party sadly.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
It's a joke.
Most of the money is probably filtered off away from the intended anyway.
I'd cut foreign aid to zero tomorrow.

As stated, these countries need to sort themselves out. Not our problem!
I would much sooner money to the poor in other countries than those who claim benefits fraudulently in the UK.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:46 AM

I don't know why we give money to India when they have a space program (Or do they?).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I couldn't agree more - she seems to be turning into Germany's Merkel the more often I see her, just clinging to power.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't know why we give money to India when they have a space program (Or do they?).
I agree, the aid doesn’t get to people that need it. Families still live in appalling conditions, alongside express railway lines, some of the road, etc, with no sanitation.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would much sooner money to the poor in other countries than those who claim benefits fraudulently in the UK.

I would rather keep the money here and help all those homeless people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Can you explain that rather odd assertion, the people that are poor may be claiming benefits but actually as likely to be working these days, the levels of fraud are low, it's hard to be considered entitled to benefits.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:55 AM

Maybe, it’s my imagination but Mrs May comes over as a bit insincere and always speaks with that sickly smile on her face!

I don’t think she sleeps very well either but l suppose she’s got a lot on her plate with Brexit!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top