Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:00 PM

Re: Forums

Two local interest forums and this one.

I have been on a few over the years but some died and I lost interest in the others.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
After being a Member of 2 now defunct Social Sites some years ago,this is the only one I belong to.
Same here May, I'd sooner give just one all my best bits.....and I chose this one.......You lucky people....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 10:04 PM

I'm still a member of many other forums, most of which I forgot my username or password to get onto.
Having recently given up on a long-standing fitness site, this is the only one I now post on.
You lucky people you!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:23 PM

I used to belong to a local one and a jewellery trade one but it's a long time since I posted on either, one gets fed up, I try to make at least one post a day here now and that's it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:50 PM

I have joined a few special interest sites in the past but have found that the responses are too slow, sometimes you have to wait a day or two for a reply whereas on here, I can hardly keep up.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have joined a few special interest sites in the past but have found that the responses are too slow, sometimes you have to wait a day or two for a reply whereas on here, I can hardly keep up.
That's it Longdogs, and why I've left so many forums in the past.
You seem to be wasting your time by thinking up some lengthy post only to find that nobody is either interested or even there at all.

Very true, that at least on here somebody will usually respond, not always as you intended them to, but at least they're out there.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:56 PM

Very true, that at least on here somebody will usually respond, not e as you intended them to, but at least they're out there.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-02-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Very true, that at least on here somebody will usually respond, not e as you intended them to, but at least they're out there.

That's what I just said....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:32 AM

As I have mentioned before, I learned to my cost some years back forums are only the virtual world and unless you have actually met someone in person you are daft to put any trust in those you meet on line.

I regard forums as a displacement activity, not real life.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:37 AM

I like forums for specific questions I have - they may take a while to answer but usually will.

I love it on here where it's a fair bit faster and there's always someone cleverer than I.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top