Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:41 AM

Re: Forums

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I like forums for specific questions I have - they may take a while to answer but usually will.

I love it on here where it's a fair bit faster and there's always someone cleverer than I.

Google will usally answer any of my questions. Unless it’s about this forum.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Oh, yes, and Google too. Trouble with me and Google is that it will take me down a rabbit-hole often and I don't know what to do. I don't mean questions about lightbulbs or anything easily discovered.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I used to belong to a local one and a jewellery trade one but it's a long time since I posted on either, one gets fed up, I try to make at least one post a day here now and that's it.
Is this your post for the day Jem......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Very true, that at least on here somebody will usually respond, not e as you intended them to, but at least they're out there.

Well I can't speak for anybody else Ruthio.....But I'm always here. It was easier to give up smoking than pack up with this forum.........Such lovely people, and I don't agree with Tara.....I would trust you all with my most sensitive secrets...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I like forums for specific questions I have - they may take a while to answer but usually will.

I love it on here where it's a fair bit faster and there's always someone cleverer than I.
Good point Ffosse, I sometimes think that everybody on here is cleverer than I.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The first forum I joined in the late 90s was a BBC one, I stayed on it until it ceased to be. Many of the forums I have been on have died, or have hardly any posters now.
The first one I joined was the BBC boards, Science & Nature, from watching Spring watch. It must have been around 2006. That got me started & addicted too.I had never had a PC before & some people I met there helped me & became good real life friends. Some still are.

Several forums came from those BBC boards due to their closing. Poetry, Wildlife & a general forum & a general help type forum, most of those now closed.

I also joined forums for the 2 authors I liked best.
I still go to those rarely, not the same now those authors have sadly past on though.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:37 PM

forums are fantastic - they should be increasing not decreasing.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well I can't speak for anybody else Ruthio.....But I'm always here. It was easier to give up smoking than pack up with this forum.........Such lovely people, and I don't agree with Tara.....I would trust you all with my most sensitive secrets...
I hope you are joking?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hope you are joking?
Possibly Tara, but you can be anything you want on a forum of folk who you have ever met. It works both ways... You could tell people all your secrets, but how will they know if you're being honest?.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Is this your post for the day Jem......
Not quite bob , I posted another one or two in the scribblers thread.
I looked at the number of posts I had done a while ago and it was 15,000!!!!, I know it’s at the side of my name but I never bother to look when I’m making a post, I couldn’t believe it! Holy God if the missus saw that I’d be called the biggest waster in Ireland.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top