Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Re: Looks or personality?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Yes. ....One in particular.

A beautiful lady with the greatest Jamaican accent.

I'm in love
I love the Jamaican accent, so sexy.

'C'mon Terraaance, let I give you bed wash before him doctor come.'
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:57 AM

I think most young men and women would be looking at the physicality of the opposite sex in the first instance .
The fact that they might also possess qualities to be admired would come later .
As you get older I don’t think looks matter as much although if coupled with an attractive and interesting personality it helps.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I dare not post anything...it will probably be deleted!

I'd better explain.
I remembered discussing this exact same topic a while back, so reminded Tara she has already done this thread once, albeit it was longer ago than I thought - (mind you, show me memory's still in tact).

Ruthio thought I had made a mistake, but I hadn't, so we sorted it and then deleted our posts to each other. That's all it was.
Sorry for any mystery, it wasn't intended.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:11 PM

Think the Eagles summed up what a young bloke seeks.

I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Definitely personality for me, although before you get to know the personality, I suppose looks and other things must come into it. I am drawn to "ugly" men - ones like Lee Marvin (although he is even uglier now he is dead ) and also Ernest Borgnigne (sp) - he's dead as well!! Oh well I'll settle for Robert de Niro - but I am not sure about his personality. A certain type of voice is what attracts me initially and I quite like beards and hairy men. Oh and the big clumsy looking ones as well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 01:02 PM

I have no recollection of posting this sort of thread previously. But then I post on a number of forums, and I have better things to do than remember what I have or haven't posted. I am rather shocked and surprised that other treat forums so seriously. Most of the time I don't remember the names of posters, which shows the impact forums have on my daily life.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Definitely personality for me, although before you get to know the personality, I suppose looks and other things must come into it. I am drawn to "ugly" men - ones like Lee Marvin (although he is even uglier now he is dead ) and also Ernest Borgnigne (sp) - he's dead as well!! Oh well I'll settle for Robert de Niro - but I am not sure about his personality. A certain type of voice is what attracts me initially and I quite like beards and hairy men. Oh and the big clumsy looking ones as well.
I'm sorry to disappoint you Aerolor.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 02:13 PM

With my first husband it was the whole image he had going so I suppose that was sort of about looks. Didn't stop him being a total knob though.

With my second husband it was neither, the first thing that attracted me was his London accent. We met at work. I'd recently moved from London and there was a huge mix of different accents, some so broad I had trouble understanding them and despite him being softly spoken his accent stood out. It was a bonus that he was ok to look at and I soon learnt that he was one of lifes good blokes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-02-2018, 02:15 PM

We have missed out the third option - wealth.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no recollection of posting this sort of thread previously. But then I post on a number of forums, and I have better things to do than remember what I have or haven't posted. I am rather shocked and surprised that other treat forums so seriously. Most of the time I don't remember the names of posters, which shows the impact forums have on my daily life.

Well no need to go off on one Tara.

I imagine if I had been told that I posted the same thread twice, I would have just said "Whoops, sorry, so I did", and laughed it off.

Nothing whatever to do with taking forums seriously, I just remember repeat conversations.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top