Join for free
Page 3 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Re: Syrian War

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
.... the big one Iran. Supporters of Syria and hated by Israel.
Well as Iran keeps threatening to wipe Israel off the map it's hardly surprising ....

Cant understand exactly what the 'Arab -Israel Conflict' is referring too when Israel is so bloody marvellous.
They won't have refugee camps for Syrians in Israel though.
Why should they when there are numerous huge Arab nations with spaceand money nearby that could lend a hand to their Arab brothers .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:22 PM

UN security council have adopted a 30 day ceasefire. To enable humanitarian aid to get through. We know what happened last time UN sent in humanitarian aid,.... they were blown up and they refused to go back in again.

The only problem with this resolution is that it does not include ISIL, Al Nusra or other terrorist groups.
It will give them chance to re-arm, re-group and possibly blow up humanitarian aid once again.

The issue with Russia is the pipeline going through Syria.
Israel have found gas in the Medi. and they want to pipe it through Syria to Turkey and then on to Europe. This will then cut off Russian supply to Europe and also Iran.
Turkey wants more land, (probably for this purpose). US wanting to partition Syria, Israel want to extend it's occupation of Golan Heights (oil there too) even though the international community have never recognised the Golan Heights as belonging to anywhere other than Syria.
UK and US have financially supported the White Helmets that are linked of Al Qaeda , ISIL, Al Nusra (which broke away from Al Qaeda ) FSA,(the breakaway group from the Syrian Arab Army , and various other terrorist groups have been paid and supported by the west.

19 July 2017, US . New York Times.

President Trump has ended the clandestine American program to provide arms and supplies to Syrian rebel groups, American officials said, a recognition that the effort was failing and that the administration has given up hope of helping to topple the government of President Bashar al-Assad.
The decision came more than a month ago, the officials said, by which time the effort to deliver the arms had slowed to a trickle.
It was never publicly announced, just as the beginnings of the program four years ago were officially a secret, authorized by President Barack Obama through a “finding” that permitted the C.I.A. to conduct a deniable program. News of the troublesome program soon leaked out.
It joins similar failed efforts to deliver arms and money to groups seeking to overthrow governments that Washington found noxious, most famously the Kennedy administration’s disastrous effort to do away with the government of Fidel Castro in Cuba.

The White House had no comment. But the decision is bound to be welcomed by the Russians, whose military has backed Mr. Assad’s government and relentlessly attacked some of the rebel groups that the United States was supplying, under the guise of helping to eradicate terrorists.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:41 PM

Yes, and it won't end there. Yemen in the throws of it too and next on the list, the big one Iran. Supporters of Syria and hated by Israel.
Cant understand exactly what the 'Arab -Israel Conflict' is referring too when Israel is so bloody marvellous.
They won't have refugee camps for Syrians in Israel though.
Ah Iran ... speculation was/is on the cards that Israel are even willing to form a temporary pact with the Saudi's to eradicate Iran.
Desperate times call for desperate measures?

You have to hand it to the Israel's they are courageous and cunning when it comes to the 'divide and conquer' strategy. I'm not condemning them for it .. everyone seems to be fighting to ensure their own survival in the ME ... but this is why I also fail to see how people can dub Israel the good guys and everyone else the bad guys.
It surely has to be the only time when that overworn phrase ... 'We're all in it together" .. does actually hit the truth of the matter.
They all pretty much hate each other's guts.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:42 PM

UN security council have adopted a 30 day ceasefire. To enable humanitarian aid to get through. We know what happened last time UN sent in humanitarian aid,.... they were blown up and they refused to go back in again.

The only problem with this resolution is that it does not include ISIL, Al Nusra or other terrorist groups.
It will give them chance to re-arm, re-group and possibly blow up humanitarian aid once again.

Israel have found gas in the Medi. and they want to pipe it through Syria to Turkey and then on to Europe. This will then cut off Russian supply to Europe and also Iran.
Turkey wants more land, (probably for this purpose). US wanting to partition Syria, Israel want to extend it's occupation of Golan Heights (oil there too) even though the international community have never recognised the Golan Heights as belonging to anywhere other than Syria.
UK and US have financially supported the White Helmets that are linked of Al Qaeda , ISIL, Al Nusra (which broke away from Al Qaeda ) FSA,(the breakaway group from the Syrian Arab Army , and various other terrorist groups have been paid and supported by the west.

19 July 2017, US . New York Times.

President Trump has ended the clandestine American program to provide arms and supplies to Syrian rebel groups, American officials said, a recognition that the effort was failing and that the administration has given up hope of helping to topple the government of President Bashar al-Assad.
The decision came more than a month ago, the officials said, by which time the effort to deliver the arms had slowed to a trickle.
It was never publicly announced, just as the beginnings of the program four years ago were officially a secret, authorized by President Barack Obama through a “finding” that permitted the C.I.A. to conduct a deniable program. News of the troublesome program soon leaked out.
It joins similar failed efforts to deliver arms and money to groups seeking to overthrow governments that Washington found noxious, most famously the Kennedy administration’s disastrous effort to do away with the government of Fidel Castro in Cuba.

The White House had no comment. But the decision is bound to be welcomed by the Russians, whose military has backed Mr. Assad’s government and relentlessly attacked some of the rebel groups that the United States was supplying, under the guise of helping to eradicate terrorists.

Where are you getting all this stuff from ?
Sorry I don't believe the half of it .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Where are you getting all this stuff from ?
Sorry I don't believe the half of it .
Quite ripe from one who reads the Daily Mail !

I already wrote where it came from. The New York Times ! You know, that paper that's owned by The Ochs-Sulzberger family , a Jewish family !

You don't have to believe anything. Why would that matter, but if the truth hurts it's better to bury heads in the sand. Save people from the terrible act of having to admit their wrongs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/w...an-rebels.html

I assume that is what you are referring to ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 11:11 PM

No need to be such a patronising smart ass.
I do read the mail but I also read the guardian .
Because these are both free online
The DM doesn't always get it wrong and the guardian doesn't always get it right .
I see your link does not mention Israel at all so assume that the snide anti Israel remarks must be of your own making .
That is why I dont believe the half of it you have made your predjuices clear all too often .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:22 PM

Re ..what I've put in black bold.

Israel will never give up Golan Heights, Benjamin Netanyahu vows.
Israeli leader says ‘time has come for international community to face reality’ over disputed region.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6989491.html
(dated 18 April 2016).

I assume the Israeli stance has not altered since then?
They are nothing if not consistent in their belief of Divine ownership over the 'possessions' they have acquired.

Additional info: The mountainous plateau was occupied by Syria up until 1967, when it was captured by Israel. Israel effectively annexed the territory in 1981, however the move was unanimously rejected by the UN Security Council that same year and has not been recognised internationally.

If the situation has changed on this since 2016 I'm happy for anyone to point that out to me. Otherwise it looks like Israel see it .. want it .. go grab it ...and keep it.

Or .. I came ..I saw .. I conquered.
Let's not get too heavy over all this.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

25-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Not aware of any change there, Morticia.

Yesterday , terrorists fired over 70 missiles into Damascus at the hospital from East Ghouta.
It's also been reported that despite an air drop of leaflets a couple of days ago , giving civilian inhabitants a route out of East Ghouta, the terrorists have blocked them from going. Not sure how reliable that is as there has been no follow up and Russian aid was distributed to some areas yesterday so there must be a way through to some of these people.

A number of Russia Su-57 jet fighters have landed at an airbase in Syria, which is concerning !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-02-2018, 11:02 AM

What nationality are these terrorists ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

25-02-2018, 12:54 PM

All sorts ! There were said to be 400 IS returning to UK last week, wasn't there ? I think you posted that topic Muddy.

Page 3 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top