Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 03:09 PM

Re: Frozen Onion rings

These ones are Aunt Bessies, battered.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 03:22 PM

I love them on top of Lambs Liver or a
Mixed Grill.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 07:17 PM

These were rather nice (cooked half the pack); a tasty sweet combination with my macaroni. Would even buy them again, but perhaps a bigger pack - I imagine they're quite easy to make, too, with a nice batter.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
tempura sounds good, can you give us a recipe please.
Adanac, I think there are recipes using eggs but l don’t!

I put about 4 tablespoons of plain flour in a bowl, a teaspoon of baking powder, pinch of salt and mix it all together with tonic water or sparkling water. I use cold tap water, if l have no tonic or sparkling water.

I can’t tell you how much tonic water, as l add a small bit at a time and beat well. It mustn’t be too thin. I would say, a covering consistency or slightly thicker!
(I sometimes use my Bamix stick mixer to mix it)

Slice the onion into rings , dip each ring in the batter and deep fry until golden brown!

I also cut Brie into squares, dip it in the batter and deep fry.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2018, 07:42 PM

Sounds lovely, camembert and brie are my favourite cheeses.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Sounds lovely, camembert and brie are my favourite cheeses.
Oooh Ffosse. now you mention it, it might have been Brie l use, not Camembert?!

Camembert is the one, that l stick garlic cloves into the top and put it whole, in its case into the hot oven until the cheese has melted.
Then we dip pieces of French bread into the soft cheese and eat. Delish!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2018, 07:58 PM

There is a shop near me which sells the most wondrous brie and pastrami sandwiches. A couple of large pickles runs through them and they have proper mustard in them too.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Hi Ffosse...I bought a package of frozen onion rings just to try them. They were OK, but not at all like the deep fried ones you get from The Dairy Queen or A&W. They would do in a pinch...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
There is a shop near me which sells the most wondrous brie and pastrami sandwiches. A couple of large pickles runs through them and they have proper mustard in them too.
Ffosse, They sound lovely, you’ll be making us feel hungry!!

You’ve only got 25 posts to make before you reach two thousand!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2018, 08:16 PM

I know - I've been traversing the whole board - I think tomorrow shall come my 2000th post.

Nearly all that I've read has been interesting to me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top