Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 04:17 PM

£4 Hudl

Dianne had fancied a 'tablet' for some time to use as an eReader. Last week she received a number of Tesco money off vouchers and a 2 for 1 offer on some items including the Hudl. So, by trading in her vouchers, she got a Hudl2 + case for £4 .

The only trouble is that it doesn't come with any instructions so you have to learn by trial & error or log on to the internet and Google for them.

It's also full of cr@p "apps", but the web contains plenty of instructions how to "de-Tesco" a Hudl.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Re: £4 Hudl

Brilliant ! although I hate the having to look for instructions I always think they could just put a copy in the box.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 04:30 PM

I love my Hudl
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 04:30 PM

I did something similar for my Dad's birthday in February. I downloaded the Kindle app and a couple of others but I don't think he uses it much although he had expressed an interest in having a tablet.

I have the Aldi one - OK for £80 with a three-year warranty.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:52 AM

I have a hudl2 for the instructions go into get started, scroll down to bottom and there is a place to tap to get the instructions. I find that it is a brilliant piece of kit. Tesco stuff never gets in the way as I never touch the screen to get it. I do prefer my laptop for e mails but the hudl is great for games when just siting idle
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:59 AM

That's the problem with new pieces of technology. You have to start it up first, then dig around in the loaded software etc to find the manual...if indeed it has one.

But what a bargain! Brilliant.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 11:11 AM

I got my Hudl 'for free', or pretty much free like that

It's a nice little thing, though I wish the battery life was a bit better ... but won't look a gift horse in the mouth
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 01:07 PM

I too have a Hudl, instructions came with mine, but very basic.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 03:08 PM

I had never heard of a Hudl until I think it was Carol who said
she had bought one and loved it.
When we went to Tescos we also used some of our vouchers
and on occasions they can be doubled in value for electric
equipment etc. We bought one and although I choose purple
for my birth sign I haven't seen it much as my son has
it to play games and watch I-player programmes.
Looks good so might wait until the vouchers are double
for it again and get myself a turquoise one.
Good value at £4 Grumble.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top