Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:07 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW, I think it is dreadful. A real tragedy.
The lads shouldn't have been there. Stupidity. Shouldn't have been doing the graffiti. Vandalism.

Another angle. Were the security precautions adequate? Should the rail companies have to face the bill for preventing people from doing stupid things?
Not at all. If these three didn't know the dangers of being on a railway line at their age then they must have been really dumb.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I object to them being called "Scum" because they were just 3 stupid young men who paid dearly for the risk they took.

I don't understand how their supporters can ask for justice, when it was the their fault that they were killed. If they hadn't been where they shouldn't be, doing something that they had no right to do, they would be alive today! They had done graffiti work for some companies, so why not use their talents to earn money rather than destroy things they had no right to?

I am sure we can all understand the family & friends distress, but they need to understand that the only people to blame, for their deaths, was the lads themselves.

It seems that journalists have no heart, if they choose to print this rubbish, when the only surviving party is the train driver, who is being blamed by the lads supporters & may lose his confidence, to continue his job, after this incident!

How sad for everybody!
I don't think either the journalists or the story is rubbish Twink.
As far as i can see there are many who think these lads are ‘scum’.
They have been blighting the environment for a long time now with their garbage graffiti.
The called themselves The Three Musketeers.
They are now the Three Dead Musketeers, and i ain’t going to shed any tears for them.
I will save any upset i feel for that poor train driver who has this on his conscience for the rest of his life.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW, I think it is dreadful. A real tragedy.
The lads shouldn't have been there. Stupidity. Shouldn't have been doing the graffiti. Vandalism.

Another angle. Were the security precautions adequate? Should the rail companies have to face the bill for preventing people from doing stupid things?
Dunno about that B.
Please remember that all costs of paying for security on every inch of the countries train lines may fall to the Train Companies.
But remember who that cost will inevitably get passed on to.
The Train travelling public.
Us mugs.
That's who!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Scum is possibly the wrong term, but certainly they were common criminals who apparently revelled in their vandalism. They both knew and understood the risks and no doubt did it for the buzz of the danger, so I do find it hard to feel regret for their demise although I do sympathise with their families, for any parent to lose a child under any circumstance is a terrible thing.
Excellent post.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I don't think either the journalists or the story is rubbish Twink.
As far as i can see there are many who think these lads are ‘scum’.
They have been blighting the environment for a long time now with their garbage graffiti.
The called themselves The Three Musketeers.
They are now the Three Dead Musketeers, and i ain’t going to shed any tears for them.
I will save any upset i feel for that poor train driver who has this on his conscience for the rest of his life.
Were they hit by the train boozie? I thought they had been electrocuted. Very sad for their families whichever it was.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-06-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Were they hit by the train boozie? I thought they had been electrocuted. Very sad for their families whichever it was.
Any paper story I have read about this, and the Jeremy Vine show referred to these Men being hit by a train Tabby.
One has to see it is so sad for their families, but their offspring should perhaps have thought about that before venturing on a dangerous rail track just to post graffiti.

Harrison Scott-Hood, 23, Alberto Carrasco, 19, and Jack Gilbert, 23, who were known as ‘Lover’, ‘Trip’ and ‘K-Bag’ respectively, were found dead near Loughborough Junction on Monday morning.

The friends walked along a stretch of line close to Brixton Station and did a 'hang over' on a bridge - where you lean over the side to paint - in what friends have called their 'final mission' hours before they died.

British Transport Police said last night they believe the trio were struck by an out-of-service commuter train at Loughborough Junction at around 1am on Monday.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-06-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Any paper story I have read about this, and the Jeremy Vine show referred to these Men being hit by a train Tabby.
One has to see it is so sad for their families, but their offspring should perhaps have thought about that before venturing on a dangerous rail track just to post graffiti.
I agree - they were stupid - they were vandals - but what a price they paid for their folly.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not at all. If these three didn't know the dangers of being on a railway line at their age then they must have been really dumb.
They maybe didn't know that the line was used for freight trains overnight.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:30 PM

I feel sad that they were lying there, dead for hours. Ok, what they were doing was a criminal act but they didn’t deserve to die.
I imagine they were very gifted and talented artists who didn’t get a chance in the cut throat world of art.

To call them ‘scum’ was despicable. They were someone’s children and hadn’t hurt or killed anyone...only themselves.

Look at the state of the man who said they were scum!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I feel sad that they were lying there, dead for hours. Ok, what they were doing was a criminal act but they didn’t deserve to die.
I imagine they were very gifted and talented artists who didn’t get a chance in the cut throat world of art.

To call them ‘scum’ was despicable. They were someone’s children and hadn’t hurt or killed anyone...only themselves.

Look at the state of the man who said they were scum!
I.m glad to see this post, I was despairing of human compassion

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top