Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I feel sad that they were lying there, dead for hours. Ok, what they were doing was a criminal act but they didn’t deserve to die.
I imagine they were very gifted and talented artists who didn’t get a chance in the cut throat world of art.

To call them ‘scum’ was despicable. They were someone’s children and hadn’t hurt or killed anyone...only themselves.

Look at the state of the man who said they were scum!
I certainly would not say that they deserved to die Art.
And I am NOT saying that.
However.
Below is some of the work of these so called 'talented' so called (criminal) 'artists'.
The work doesn't look very talented to me!

None of that is talented Art.
Art.
Now.
Is it?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 05:38 AM

I know we are all approaching this from a different angle but I still think that we all feel the same about it, for the following reasons.......

1. Nobody is happy that these lads have died, but nobody can dispute the fact that they died because they were stupid enough to take the risk.
2. Apart from a few objectionable people in the newspaper report, nobody blames the driver, who may now find it difficult to continue his job. ( In the next town to me, a young lad tried to jump on a reversing bus, to show off, and was sadly killed! It wasn't the drivers fault, but he felt that he could no longer drive a bus, so left his job & became unemployed)

These boys are now dead and no outpouring of sympathy will help them, but we can all hope that this accident may reduce the number of people who are likely to take similar risks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Those idiots should not have been where they were, it is their fault they died.

If my children had behaved like that I would not feel in the least bit sorry for them, they would have brought it on themselves. I would be asking myself where I had gone wrong with their upbringing.

A disturbing lack of natural empathy or said for effect .
Either way disturbing .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 07:10 AM

It must be a dreadful shock to their parents, but having said that I don't care that these vandals died. I'm sick of seeing buildings and walls defaced by mis-spelled and ugly daubs. If they're such talented artists why don't they deface their own homes. or get together to make use of some private spaces? This country has enough litter, gum, fag ends, beer cans and detritus scarring our eyes without self indulgent kids who think it's clever to risk their lives - and more importantly, traumatise train drivers. My only regret is that these deaths won't make a bit of difference to their peers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:33 AM

At least these three young men weren’t riding round on mopeds stealing phones and watches and stabbing people randomly. Nor, were they chucking acid into the faces of innocent people.

Then of course we have people raving about the celebrity graffiti artist Banksy who did the very same thing and he is revered for it.

It’s a funny old world... isn’t it?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:52 AM

I'm not one of those who revere Banksy although at least he has some skilful artwork. I would happily throw acid throwing scum under a passing train.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:02 AM

A vandal is a vandal regardless of his connections and apparently these were not your normal working class vandal, more the Hooray Henry type.
They would not know about empty stock movements during the night so assumed there would be no traffic on the line at that time of night.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:04 AM

How would you know ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How would you know ?
Is it crossword time?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know we are all approaching this from a different angle but I still think that we all feel the same about it, for the following reasons.......

1. Nobody is happy that these lads have died, but nobody can dispute the fact that they died because they were stupid enough to take the risk.
2. Apart from a few objectionable people in the newspaper report, nobody blames the driver, who may now find it difficult to continue his job. ( In the next town to me, a young lad tried to jump on a reversing bus, to show off, and was sadly killed! It wasn't the drivers fault, but he felt that he could no longer drive a bus, so left his job & became unemployed)

These boys are now dead and no outpouring of sympathy will help them, but we can all hope that this accident may reduce the number of people who are likely to take similar risks.
I think you have summed up the whole situation there Twink, and I stand back in admiration.

Perhaps I am being rather cynical though, when I say what happened may encourage MORE graffiti and risk taking.
I see his so called friends are already posting shrines all over the place in 'honour' or their dead vandal criminal friends.

Whenever I am about anywhere I absolutely hate graffiti with a vengeance. All it does is deface our towns and cities, and guess who pays for the cleaning up of a lot of this abomination Twink?
WE DO!

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top