Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:29 AM

Re: Old people’s bedside table

Interesting that quite a lot of members have some water on the top of their bedside table. Never thought of that.
On mine there's a lamp, my reading glasses, stuff for reading, and a clock. In the top drawer there's a hand cream, notepaper and pen, hankies, and bookmarkers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:42 AM

Mine: book, my phone snd my glasses. That’s it.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Now I have an old persons bedside table .
It sports my medication and glasses plus a glass of water .
Luckily my teeth are still all my own and are not in it !
Don't feel bad. I'm 55 and I've had one for years.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:32 AM

I feel deprived now - I do not have a bedside table! Should I rush out and buy one?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I feel deprived now - I do not have a bedside table! Should I rush out and buy one?
Ohmygosh yes! of course. How have you coped this long without one? They are the mainstay of a good nights sleep, Tabby
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:31 AM

I have a small lamp, my glasses, Kindle, phone, water bottle and a telescopic back scratcher. This last is an absolute must as I suffer from terrible itchiness that can keep me awake - a quick scratch with this thingy and I'm good to go (to sleep that is ). Oh, and I keep a tube of lip balm there too because it's not just my mouth that gets dry, but my lips too

In the top drawer I keep tissues, Amitriptyline, hayfever tabs, and a few other odds and sods.

Oh to be young and not need all these props
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Interesting that quite a lot of members have some water on the top of their bedside table. Never thought of that.
On mine there's a lamp, my reading glasses, stuff for reading, and a clock. In the top drawer there's a hand cream, notepaper and pen, hankies, and bookmarkers.
Dachs, l never have water on my bedside table as l would be worried that l would knock it over. I have a plug extension thing on the floor and wouldn’t want water spilling on it.

If l need a drink of water, l usually cup my hand under the cold water tap in my en suite and swig the water from my hand.

I sound like a real savage from the jungle!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dachs, l never have water on my bedside table as l would be worried that l would knock it over. I have a plug extension thing on the floor and wouldn’t want water spilling on it.

If l need a drink of water, l usually cup my hand under the cold water tap and swig the water from my hand.

I sound like a real savage from the jungle!
Haha, I often do that Art, or simply duck my head under the tap .

But in the night I have a sports bottle filled with water - like you I wouldn't trust myself with a glass because not only do I have one of those plug extension things on the floor, but also my iPhone and Apple watch both sit charging on the cabinet overnight
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
my iPhone and Apple watch both sit charging on the cabinet overnight
Eeeek!! That gives me the heebie jeebies! I couldn't sleep if something was charging during the night. I don't even feel comfortable with the fridge plugged in all the time!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Haha, I often do that Art, or simply duck my head under the tap .

But in the night I have a sports bottle filled with water - like you I wouldn't trust myself with a glass because not only do I have one of those plug extension things on the floor, but also my iPhone and Apple watch both sit charging on the cabinet overnight
Bathsheba, lt’s so much simpler isn’t it just to swig tap water from your (washed) hand.

You’ll think l am really bonkers but...
l hate the thought of dust, flaking skin and whatever comes out of your nose and mouth whilst you are sleeping, going into the atmosphere and then settling on your water!!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top