Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:47 PM

Decaff Tea or Not!

Oh dear, He who must obey has for the last few months, had his sleep disturbed due to having to get up during the night for a (as he refers to it - a jimmy riddle!).
After having prostrate tests etc, his doctor blames the cup of tea that he has at 5.30 pm when he gets in from work and his final mug of tea at 7.30 pm after we have walked the pups.

She advised that instead of these two mugs of Yorkshire Tea, he must try Decaff Tea as she believes the caffeine in the YT is to blame. (Can't see how after all these years but hey ho!) So I put a box of 80 PG Tips Decaff Tea on my list (well, it was on special offer so that was the one I chose).
He has been very good for the last week since he tried it. He has YT in the morning before work but as soon as he comes in, in the evening, it's over to the Decaff.

I have to smile to myself when I sit here drinking our cuppas, He is all enthusiastic about how little difference there is between the teas. (yeah right, I have to let his Decaff brew for at least 3 more minutes than mine just to get a decent colour on it).but I do admire him for lying and trying to do the right thing for his health and wellbeing. Bless!

What about you? do you rate Decaff Tea or are you, like me, who couldn't do without a decent, well brewed, cuppa with colour and taste?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:51 PM

Re: Decaff Tea or Not!

If it's anything like decaff coffee, yuk!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:53 PM

I drink decaf green tea Shroppy and I can't tell the difference.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If it's anything like decaff coffee, yuk!
I agree, I don't even like the smooth variety's of coffee and tend to buy the stronger ones.
strong, black with no sugar for me please.

I'm not having to get up in the night now that I've got my diabetes under some control.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 01:10 PM

I swap around twinning so everyday in the morning and early afternoon then decaf late afternoon evening. I can't say I notice a huge difference but I think it helps twinnings makes such lovely tea.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I agree, I don't even like the smooth variety's of coffee and tend to buy the stronger ones.
strong, black with no sugar for me please.

I'm not having to get up in the night now that I've got my diabetes under some control.

Try adding a tot of brandy to your first mug of coffee in the morning - I promise, it'll set you up for the day!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 03:58 PM

Perhaps, drinking tea in the mornings and something else (non alcoholic) in the afternoons might help.
I have tea first thing, coffee at 11 and no more caffeine in the day.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 06:15 PM

Sometimes when they alter foods, like removing caffeine, it can change the flavour.
The brands Clipper and Yorkshire have decaf. tea that is popular.
There is also Honeybush tea, which has a slight honey scent, with a smooth, earthy flavour. It is caffeine free and also calming.
It's quite wearing waking in the night so I hope your husband finds something enjoyable that helps.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:15 PM

I drink decaf tea and coffee, both black with no sugar. Not sure I would enjoy a caffeine cuppa now.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 02:43 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. I have to admit that I didn't have a bloomin clue which Decaff Tea to buy, Forever looking for a bargain, that's the only reason I chose PG Tips. Must say though I was not very impressed when I tasted it. I will definitely try Twinings next time as you recommend it. I feel so sorry for him having to drink wishy-washy tea for the time being until they run out, after having Yorkshire for as long as I can remember. Thankfully, Diabetes and Prostrate tests all proved negative, that's why the Doc is sure it is the YT that is the culprit.

Hey ho, it's only what he must get used to for his own good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top