Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:39 PM

Re: Another mess up.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Coming back from Sussex child on back seat asked if we are building roads in Eastern Europe through Europe why aren't we repairing our own, as we bumped through another hole in the A272 ? I couldn't find any sort of answer for her.

Anyone else willing to explain it to her ?
Because our government hasn't been good enough at getting EU grants sorted out for our own deprived regions. We should have received far more funding back from the EU but have not made enough effort to claim. We did however, rebuild Birmingham and I believe Cardiff with EU funds. They tend to fund new roads rather than repairing existing roads.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/po...-done-10939396
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bloody hell Swims ... you alright?
That's not your usual posting style.
Hi

Nope, stressed out with family issues and out of strong painkillers at the moment due to a mess up by the NHS.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, stressed out with family issues and out of strong painkillers at the moment due to a mess up by the NHS.
I can well understand that. I'm sure no-one here condemns you at a time like this.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 07:10 PM

Hi

Get a towel ready, get your kit off ... I'm coming over and'll give you a relaxing massage.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:05 PM

Hi

Well I'm sorry about that, my excuse is chemo knackering me and a nasty infection in my wound won't clear up so perhaps we should avoid annoying each other
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Hi

Liam Fox backtracks.

No chance of a deal before we leave.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/eu...eal-march-2019

I do so wish we could make Politicians pay for their lies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Hi

Liam Fox backtracks.

No chance of a deal before we leave.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/eu...eal-march-2019

I do so wish we could make Politicians pay for their lies.
So wouldn't it be advantageous to leave now, stop paying, trade with the world under WTO rules, agree individual deals, then worry about a deal with the EU later?

In fact, we could do all of the above and forget about the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So wouldn't it be advantageous to leave now, stop paying, trade with the world under WTO rules, agree individual deals, then worry about a deal with the EU later?

In fact, we could do all of the above and forget about the EU.
If we did that not only would we go into an economic depression but its likely the power would go off and our oil supply would dry up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If we did that not only would we go into an economic depression but its likely the power would go off and our oil supply would dry up.
Yes, of course, and the sky would fall down!

The scaremongers and prophets of doom have been trying for over a year to put us off leaving.

Like the person who's into flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality, you're flogging a dead horse.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 07:54 PM

And I thought the remainers were the whingers.

The country has voted we are leaving..............we are leaving.
The brexiteers on here are behaving like kids strapped into their seats in the car asking every two minutes if we are there yet.

But just like any economic entanglement it will take time to sort it all out, we joined an economic union, like being married, with commitments together for the half grown children, mobile package bill, CD collection, car hire purchase, mortgage.......and we are not now on the best of terms.

The UK under Macmillan asked to join the EEC in 1961, it took until 1973......................thats 12 years to join.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top