Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 10:34 AM

Re: Why don't the Royal's help more?

I'm not buying that one. If they have lots of begging letters already, twice or three times as many won't make any difference to them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I'm not buying that one. If they have lots of begging letters already, twice or three times as many won't make any difference to them.
No it won't Ploppy , it will give their staff more to do.
There is no point in encouraging thousands of begging letters to be sent pointlessly though, the Royals are unlikely to read every one and pick a few out.

Like most of us when it comes to financial contributions they do I am sure contribute to the causes of their choice.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 10:49 AM

The royals may get begging letters but I doubt they ever see them. An army of staff will be the only ones who ever see them. I´m sure the royals will never have to worry their heads about them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 10:55 AM

Because they are obsolete and unnecessary?
I prefer the Queen as a figurehead of our country rather than a politician!

Just look at America!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
The royals may get begging letters but I doubt they ever see them. An army of staff will be the only ones who ever see them. I´m sure the royals will never have to worry their heads about them.
I think so too.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No it won't Ploppy , it will give their staff more to do.
There is no point in encouraging thousands of begging letters to be sent pointlessly though, the Royals are unlikely to read every one and pick a few out.

Like most of us when it comes to financial contributions they do I am sure contribute to the causes of their choice.
I don't think you have pointed out the real reason why they keep it a secret though, Meg.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

22-12-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I prefer the Queen as a figurehead of our country rather than a politician!

Just look at America!!
I prefer a figurehead who makes positive changes to everyone's life. Can't think of anyone right now.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
PATHETIC! Most of the Royals work very hard indeed, most us would find their work load overwhelming. Many of the homeless are workshy scum who are on drink and drugs and for whom I have no sympathy at all, and on whom I would not waste a penny!
Your a very, very evil wicked woman many of the homeless are ex military that have fell on very hard times. The Royals have far more than they will ever need they could give so much but all they think about is themselves mainly. Yes they do help charities etc etc. But it does not help the homeless veterans does it? Come on your Majesty give the veterans a home you have far more than you need.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
But a lot don't, and are homeless due to their own shortcomings.
It would do you the world of good to walk in their shoes for a day or two then see if your still as GOBBY!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

22-12-2016, 11:58 AM

I wonder. Are there any spare/empty rooms at the palace?

Mind you they'll probably spend a few bob for a xmas feed for the unfortunates and then tell them to get back and vacuum under their bridges.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

22-12-2016, 12:00 PM

It seems you really are a venomous spider.
She is also a nutter mate!!

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top