Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 03:41 PM

Re: Do you want to live this long?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I heard on the news that the 117 year old lady used to eat three eggs a day! Well, l should be ok, as l keep hens!
Roll on 117!
I understand the eggs were raw Art ...
....good luck getting them down
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I heard on the news that the 117 year old lady used to eat three eggs a day! Well, l should be ok, as l keep hens!
Roll on 117!

Yes, when I was reading yesterday about her death, they said she had 3 eggs a day, 2 of them raw.

I want to live until at least 200, as long as I am not in constant pain and can still shuffle about. .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Live till 117? I'd happily live till 999 given the choice and the accompanying regeneration of health and body. That of course is what used to happen in days of old if the old books and tomes are to be believed. The bible for example tells us that people like Noah lived over 900 years.

It's all about the Philosopher's Stone of course, that secret of life that is kept from the general populous. It allegedly restores you to the peak of your fitness (as a circa 30 yr old) and gives you super longevity.

Without this I'm afraid we are all caught in an insipid cycle of constant recycling by Nature. The most simple person can surely see how Nature operates. She makes a thing, but the thing can not hold onto form for very long (relatively speaking) so it decays and crumbles and Nature dis-assembles it back to its primary matter and builds it again into something else. That process has been going on for billions of years and all of us, we humans, are a part of that cycle.

Just because you can't "remember" it in your current form (your limited brain and memory etc) doesn't mean it hasn't happened. We have all been other living things which we have no memory of.

Do you really want to keep going around and around and around in that cycle? I'm not sure I do. I don't relish the idea of being born as a baby again and growing up in today's world to be made a slave under an increasingly controlling totalitarian government. Maybe if I can wait 500-1000 years and then be born when we have cracked space travel properly so I can go and see distant galaxies etc.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, when I was reading yesterday about her death, they said she had 3 eggs a day, 2 of them raw.
Raw food is obviously the most healthy. It contains greater quantities of "life energy" whereas cooked food has changed the nature of the food and allowed that energy to escape and dissipate. We should all eat as much raw food as possible imo.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 09:15 PM

I'm beginning to vegetate already.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 09:19 PM

If the members abide by the age constraint requirement of this Forum, there is going to be a lot of Rejiging going on, in a relatively short period of time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I'm beginning to vegetate already.
Do you detect a "Sprout" odour?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you detect a "Sprout" odour?
Rotten odour maybe .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2017, 09:21 AM

I detect an air of disbelief and sarcasm . . .

I guess some people are happy to live in a world constructed for them in which their life spans are brutally shortened to a mere 100 years or so and in which they are given only the option to be slaves, working for most of that time. The conditioning is so thorough, so perfectly mastered, so deeply entrenched that people just accept this existance as if it were totally natural, as if there were no other way . . .

"Have you ever stood and stared at it? Marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious."
Agent Smith, The Matrix

There's nothing to be done until a person first gains that thirst for knowledge, that spark of inquisitiveness which makes them think for themselves perhaps for the first real time in their life. Once it gains traction, there is no stopping it.

"Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."
Morpheus, The Matrix
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 09:54 AM

And then you die.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top