Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 01:50 PM

Re: EU bullying tactics

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Possibly because despite what many think we are at heart a decent country, we alway expect others to do the decent thing too. Leads to constant dissapointment though when dealing with the eu.

Rules are rules they are there there in black and white. I bet if it was Germany or France wanting out instead of the UK the UK would be backing the EU tactic all the way.. Rules and perspective and nothing to do with the decent thing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 01:59 PM

I have a feeling if France was in this position other countries would have done their best to make them stay unlike when we were voting and they all assumed we would not go and making comments that made it absolutely sure we would.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
No Twink I'm talking about the meeting of the twenty seven over the weekend and the subsequently revealed list of "their" negotiating demands including the what, where, when and how....if it were me I wouldn't bother turning up or even replying until they tempered their stance to a more personable level.
Sorry Barry, I did realize what you were referring to just after I posted.
There are many weaker countries in the EU, who are dependent on the more thriving economies of others, so I am sure they were afraid of voting against the majority of other EU countries.
Don't forget that the EU is not about a group of countries trading together, anymore, it is about bringing them all under one leadership and some of the poorer ones will see that as an advantage for themselves.
It is probably the countries who feel they want to be part of that leadership that are encouraging others to think their way...... because I seriously doubt that there will be many of the lesser countries people becoming leader of the States of Europe, when it becomes one country..... and it will one day!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 02:20 PM

Hi

We, as the UK, signed up for Article 50.

Article 50 puts all the advantages in the hands of those remaining, whoever they are ,and makes things very difficult for those leaving.

It was always going to be the case that Juncker would make it as difficult as possible for the UK to leave on anything other than the worst possible terms simply to deter anyone else leaving.

The EU has a glorious chance to make £Billions out of taking our Tax Revenues away from the UK and putting them into the EU.

That is good business.

We will shortly be a competitor to the EU, business is business, dog eats dog.

Nothing we can do about it but to leave it to Politicians.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 05:54 PM

One of the main problems we have with this Behemoth of the EU is that although in the UK the Mandarins do all the behind the scenes work and recommend what the Government should do these proposals have to go the the house to be ratified

In the EU it appears that the unelected toss pots do what they want and never listen to the elected politicians
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
In the EU it appears that the unelected toss pots do what they want and never listen to the elected politicians
Of course. As I understand it, the 'EU Parliament' is a charade. The real power lies with the Commission.

As for the demands for £50 billion, they are intending to make up for the loss of our 'contributions' for the next several years after Brexit.

We should not pay it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What's really annoying me and yes the eu are too but the people like James obrian on at the moment doing the eus job for them by doubting tm can do the job and agreeing with Eu. We have people within wanting this to fail. Eu I worry less about because I think tm is tougher than she looks. But people within insidiously creeping about wanting us to fail really I despair about.
I'm at the point I switch this twat off now. Can't abide to listen to him anymore.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 07:39 PM

Hi

The EU and some of the Countries in the EU are on a power grab here, looking after their own interests.

We have offered to an immediate deal to guarantee the rights of EU Citizens here and UK Citizens in the EU, May has said we can agree this June, immediately after the Election.

Juncker has said this is not possible, the situation is too complex.

The sticking point apparently is that Juncker is insisting that any EU Citizen in the UK must have the right of appeal, in perpetuity, to the ECJ.

In other words, UK Courts will not have the final say, the EU will.

Total nonsense.

The Irish, who stand to be the worst hit by Brexit, are insisting that any exit deal must include a proviso that any Free Trade Agreement the UK makes after leave, with any Non EU Country, can only be done if the food elements of that deal comply fully with any current or future EU Regulations about Food.

In other words, they are insisting that we can only do Free Trade Deals with their approval and again, any dispute will be resolved by the EU Court.

I do so hope that Mrs May tells them to naff off.

When we leave and go to WTO, we can use Non Tariff Barriers and quotas.

We need to remind the Irish that we can and will, impose a quota of 10 tonnes of EU Beef per year, thus wiping out the Irish Beef Industry, if they continue to be stupid.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Wouldn't that count as us bullying Ireland though?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-05-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Wouldn't that count as us bullying Ireland though?
Hi

I don't see it as bullying at all.

It is a robust response to bullying.

We voted to leave, quite prepared to do a reasonable deal and the EU are throwing their weight about.

They should not be surprised if we respond.

They EU is insisting we pay a Brexit Bill for all future EU expenditure agreed whilst we still part of the EU, again, this is something we where not expecting.

Juncker is absolutely adamant we must pay, he has just lost his cool when last Wednesday we vetoed a big bunch of EU Expenditure.

http://www.politico.eu/article/uk-bl...ates-brussels/

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top