Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 09:30 PM

Re: So this is what TM is lining us up for!!!

Looks like anything reported by other than the Mail is suspect to some.
We all have bias, you have to weigh other's bias when reading news, bias can be the non reporting of news, just because an out of favour source reports something, doesn't make it wrong, check it elsewhere...............do yourself a favour you are sitting at a machine that covers most every source for information ever, you only have to check and cross check using your own life experience to weed the rubbish out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Looks like anything reported by other than the Mail is suspect to some.
We all have bias, you have to weigh other's bias when reading news, bias can be the non reporting of news, just because an out of favour source reports something, doesn't make it wrong, check it elsewhere...............do yourself a favour you are sitting at a machine that covers most every source for information ever, you only have to check and cross check using your own life experience to weed the rubbish out.
I don't believe everything I read, not even in the Mail - According to the Mail, Joanna Lumley cuts and dyes her own hair but I certainly don't believe that.

Fake news is nothing new, newspapers have been doing it for years.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 05:56 AM

Hi

It is all if's, but's and maybe's.

We will be be replacing one Charter with our own.

Who knows?

It may be a better one.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Ah yes, the University of Sheffield, that well know northern seat of learning and hotbed of left wing politics. Come to think of it, most Universities seem to be hot beds of something or other with the emphasis on hot and bed.
Cutting red tape you say, whilst at the same time as tying the Energy companies up in it you can't win, who'd be Prime Minster.

Even TM has promised to rein in the money grabbing energy companies - so what's your excuse now???
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fake news is nothing new, newspapers have been doing it for years.
It has been perfected to an art form recently though.
Or a political tool.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:18 PM

It's not fake news we should be worried about, it's no news or fluffy distractions from more serious matters which are buried. For example at the moment there is a radio silence on many aspects of the election. All we have heard on Tory policy recently is that Theresa May said boys and girls have special jobs at home, and fox hunting should be reinstated. There's still nothing specific about Tory brexit plans.

Live radio shows such as LBC have become a major source of real news because their interviewers broadcast slip ups by politicians on air. No editing or political colouring in.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Even TM has promised to rein in the money grabbing energy companies - so what's your excuse now???
No excuse, I've always believed essential industries like energy and water should be strongly regulated. That doesn't mean they should be nationalised, neither does it mean they should be allowed to fall into foreign ownership. I remember the nationalised industries and I don't want to go back to that. They were permanently on strike against themselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There's still nothing specific about Tory brexit plans.
So I take it you think it would be a good idea for TM to show her hand and give the EU negotiators all the help they need when it comes to the negotiations, do you?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
No excuse, I've always believed essential industries like energy and water should be strongly regulated. That doesn't mean they should be nationalised, neither does it mean they should be allowed to fall into foreign ownership. I remember the nationalised industries and I don't want to go back to that. They were permanently on strike against themselves.
Agreed. In the 1970s the unions, with the complicit agreement of their tame Labour party, almost brought this country to its knees.

I look forward to the day when the Labour party is dead and buried and their ruling unions have shrivelled up due to lack of any political clout.

As people become more worldly wise, they are beginning to see the sense in this.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So I take it you think it would be a good idea for TM to show her hand and give the EU negotiators all the help they need when it comes to the negotiations, do you?
You know as well as I do she is utterly clueless.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top