Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:09 PM

Re: Being old is boring

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, it isn't on 'birdie' or let - at least I don't think so.
LET'S ... innit

short for LET US
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:11 PM

The point of this post is about the changes we undergo as we become older and what are they for? Why do people change their attitude to various things? What are the reasons behind it all? Is this wisdom taking shape?

As for me doing something - well I am - I'm writing this with my feet up and a keyboard on my lap. What should I be doing? Why is something else of more importance than this? All a case of priorities isn't it?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
LET'S ... innit

short for LET US
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/lets-vs-lets/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You need some more hobbies Mark. Nothing wrong with gardening as one but you need something else too. My husband has just started rambling with like minded people he met on line. He's enjoying that very much.
I tend to do less Rambling On Line, and more walking of late, try that MKJ, think and walk, at least if your thoughts are flawed, you may still live longer
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I tend to do less Rambling On Line, and more walking of late, try that MKJ, think and walk, at least if your thoughts are flawed, you may still live longer
I can do both quite happily. I will be off forra 6 miler at some point today. Right now I'm pursuing 'wisdom'. Trying to understand the rationale behind it all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:20 PM

While walking, it is a good idea to pursue balance.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:21 PM

correct
you meant

LET US put it that way

Therefore the words LETS requires an apostrophe
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 03:29 PM

I don't think there is a rationale behind it. It is just nature. We are born, we grow, we mature, we age and then we die. Our attitudes tend to reflect both the stages of our life and our experience. As someone approaching old age, I know that physically my activities are limited but my mental abilities remain as strong as ever. I'm probably as happy now as I have ever been.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Thank you Mark
Good boy ... have chocolate
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I don't think there is a rationale behind it. It is just nature. We are born, we grow, we mature, we age and then we die. Our attitudes tend to reflect both the stages of our life and our experience. As someone approaching old age, I know that physically my activities are limited but my mental abilities remain as strong as ever. I'm probably as happy now as I have ever been.
Indeed but I think there is far more to it than this. For one thing the 'young' have all sorts of hormones surging through their bodies which undoubtedly affects their moods and thoughts. Is wisdom then a lessening of these substances more often than not? After all what 'experiences' would have changed my attitude to fishing or hunting? Nothing I can think of bar for less adrenalin or testosterone flowing in my veins. I can see where I'm going with this - back to the old primitives .

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top