Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Groping heart surgeon

A heart surgeon has been given a six months suspended sentence for groping women .
The judge, a woman ,says he is too talented to go to jail.
The man is an outstanding surgeon a foremost expert in keyhole surgery but he is also a bully who committed sexual harassment .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ys-may-public/

Is this right ?
Should a man be spared prison because of what he is ?
Presumably a dustman would have gone to jail .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Re: Groping heart surgeon

Sorry Muddy, but if it's the choice of being groped and staying alive or spending the rest of my short breathless life in a wheelchair.....Pull up my trousers when you're finished.........I'm only keeping this body warm for it's next occupant anyway......

S'pose it's different for a woman though.....He should be given a slap and told to behave.....
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Muddy, but if it's the choice of being groped and staying alive or spending the rest of my short breathless life in a wheelchair.....Pull up my trousers when you're finished.........I'm only keeping this body warm for it's next occupant anyway......

S'pose it's different for a woman though.....He should be given a slap and told to behave.....

Could hardly read this post out for laughing .
I also totally agree
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Arrogant son of a bitch. Jail the bugger and be done with it. One law for the poor and one law for the rich doesn't cut it with me. Either you have laws of the land or you don't - and this sod was breaking them.

Apart from the above the husband should have stuck one on him.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Presumably by his victim? A damn hard slap with a knuckle duster and she can avoid prosecution for GBH?
A novel and neat solution and one which also doubles as a form of catharsis and trauma therapy for his victim.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:42 AM

It reminds me of another case a few weeks back.

A 24 year old Oxford University student, an aspiring surgeon .. who the judge has deferred sentencing on and is likely to avoid a custodial sentence.
She punched and stabbed her boyfriend during a drink-drug fuelled argument.
But she is 'extraordinarily bright' .. has 'a bright future ahead of her' .. and Christ Church are also allowing her back as she is 'that bright' and has had articles published in medical journals .. not to mention she has had a troubled life.

Load of tosh.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:52 AM

I am afraid that I believe, if you break the law you should be punished, no matter how good you are at your job.
I also think that the judge must be reminded that punishments should be given for the crime committed, no matter who you are.

If we don't adhere to this, aren't we telling all qualified, professional people that it is alright for them to do as they like and the law will be kind to them?

I am sure we have many well qualified gynaecologists too, so are we going to allow them to sexually abuse their patients, because they are good at their Job?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:54 AM

If you don't impose the law of the land in an unbiased manner it leads to a breakdown of society. Division takes root when people can see 'some' are receiving lesser sentences. Look at the treatment of 'foreign' rapists in some countries. It encourages them (them being those accused AND other foreign men of a similar background) to attack women all the more by leaving them off so lightly. You think people will be content to sit back and watch this unfold indefinitely? Talk about integration! Stuff like this causes separation - a them and us pervasive attitude to blossom.

The law is the law - don't break it or face the consequences - end of.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:58 AM

As we all know, Rolf Harris entertained may people over the years and might still be doing so given his talents. He was jailed for his sex crimes and stripped of his honours. So this fella ought to treated equally.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 11:22 AM

There is a waiting list for heart surgery .
I think he should be given a hefty fine instead losing money always hurts .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top