Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:14 AM

Brexit, what a mess we are in.

Hi

Well May has got us in a right mess.

She has lost the Majority.

The DUP have said they have not finalised any agreement with her, in any event they do not want a Hard Brexit, they want an open border with Eire.

Northern Ireland voted 56 to 44 to remain in the EU.

She is reliant also on the Scottish Tory MPs.

They gained 12 seats in the Election, which May is totally reliant on.

Scotland voted 62% to 38% to Remain and the Scottish Tory MPs are totally opposed to a Hard Brexit.

Net result, Merkel and Juncker laughing their socks off.

They are sticking to their £100 Billion Exit Fee before any negotiations on a Trade Deal.

We are now facing a nightmare, paying £100 Billion up front and staying in the Single Market with unlimited EU Immigration and having to obey EU Laws .

We would no longer have a veto, as we have left the EU, and would have no MEPs to represent us.

Even if we just stayed in the EU Customs Union it would mean free movement and still paying into the EU as Norway and Switzerland do.

What a mess.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:37 AM

Re: Brexit, what a mess we are in.

I can't stop feeling that Brexit may not happen and I am sure the EU would allow us back as second class members.

Before the referendum, many people were saying that an exit vote would not be allowed and so many have tried to prove them right.

With half of Britain and all the EU determined to keep us in, I am beginning to think our chance of escape is lost after the election.

I have an awful feeling that this was planned all along, they just needed to find a way to prevent our leaving... and they may have done it. If they have, so much for democracy.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

11-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Would really appreciate if someone can explain this DUP situation TM is taking the UK into. I never heard of the DUP before the snap election result. Suddenly they are so important allegedly.

Would really appreciate some clarity from the enlightened few on this topic.
Thanks.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:34 AM

Why oh why are things so difficult?

When 5 friend's and I were discussing our holiday destination it came down to 2 choices...Menorca or Tenerife..so we voted.

3 voted Tenerife and 3 Menorca.
So we got the coin out.....and went to Tenerife, easy.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
Would really appreciate if someone can explain this DUP situation TM is taking the UK into. I never heard of the DUP before the snap election result. Suddenly they are so important allegedly.

Would really appreciate some clarity from the enlightened few on this topic.
Thanks.
Nor me!
Who are they?
What is May doing???!
Why doesn't she just accept that she's not popular and just rubbish!
It's even more worrying than it was last June!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I can't stop feeling that Brexit may not happen and I am sure the EU would allow us back as second class members.

Before the referendum, many people were saying that an exit vote would not be allowed and so many have tried to prove them right.

With half of Britain and all the EU determined to keep us in, I am beginning to think our chance of escape is lost after the election.

I have an awful feeling that this was planned all along, they just needed to find a way to prevent our leaving... and they may have done it. If they have, so much for democracy.
I am not a conspiracy theorist but I have to wonder what side of the EU fence May's advisers were on with some of the political suicide suggestions made during the election campaign. They seemed intent on losing voters while Santa Clause Corbyn was busy promising everything to everyone with money the country doesn't have.

Interestingly, on replies to 'Any questions' yesterday a Tory Woman voter and local party supported said that her Tory PM had voted to leave the EU and as a protest she and many others had got together and voted tactically against their own party as a form of revenge. I wonder if others did that too.

Whatever happens now the terms of our leaving the EU will be watered down and even then we will lucky to get them through parliament if other parties decide to be awkward and remain Tory rebels vote against them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well May has got us in a right mess.

She has lost the Majority.

The DUP have said they have not finalised any agreement with her, in any event they do not want a Hard Brexit, they want an open border with Eire.

Northern Ireland voted 56 to 44 to remain in the EU.

She is reliant also on the Scottish Tory MPs.

They gained 12 seats in the Election, which May is totally reliant on.

Scotland voted 62% to 38% to Remain and the Scottish Tory MPs are totally opposed to a Hard Brexit.

Net result, Merkel and Juncker laughing their socks off.

They are sticking to their £100 Billion Exit Fee before any negotiations on a Trade Deal.

We are now facing a nightmare, paying £100 Billion up front and staying in the Single Market with unlimited EU Immigration and having to obey EU Laws .

We would no longer have a veto, as we have left the EU, and would have no MEPs to represent us.

Even if we just stayed in the EU Customs Union it would mean free movement and still paying into the EU as Norway and Switzerland do.

What a mess.
I can't think of a worse mess .
I wouldn't want to rely on the religious backward thinking DUP party for votes or to do anything that could jeopardise the NI peace agreement.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:28 AM

I sometimes wish that Comrade Corbyn could have a go a running the country... into the ground.

That would, at least, make it perfectly clear to everyone that Labour cannot be trusted to govern the country.

Yes, we'd be dragged back into the EU.

The only hope would be that, when people see the problems they have caused, another attempt/referendum on leaving the EU could be held.

Assuming that we still have some semblance of sovereignty left, we might still get away with leaving.

The only real and profound problem would be hoping that we could all pull together for the common good. Something that we, as a nation, have been completely unable to do for seventy years.

I don't hold out much hope.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Interestingly, on replies to 'Any questions' yesterday a Tory Woman voter and local party supported said that her Tory PM had voted to leave the EU and as a protest she and many others had got together and voted tactically against their own party as a form of revenge. I wonder if others did that too.
Exactly. As I have just posted, we in this country seem completely unable to pull together. And then people wonder why we are in the position we are in!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:44 AM

It all started with Cameron..... a career politician, calling for a referendum to consolidate his own position, thinking it was a done deal to Remain.He failed.

He jumped ship dropping May in it.

Now she using the same 'done deal' logic asked the country to support her, and they didn't.

So both Tory Prime Ministers are out of touch, and basically committed political suicide by falling on their own sword.........and leaving the country in this parlous state.

Time for a revolution ?

DUP HERE

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top