Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 06:49 AM

Armed Civilians in the UK

Hi

I came across this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40252299

What do you think?

I live in a small agricultural working village, guns are all over the place here.

The chances of a terrorist attack here is remote to say the least, however I simply cannot see those who have guns not using them to defend themselves and their families.

I also cannot see those who do being convicted by any Jury.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:02 AM

Re: Armed Civilians in the UK

Interesting, maybe the day will come when Parish Councils hold a supply of weapons in case of an attack? I hope it never comes to that though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:12 AM

It is becoming scarier by the day !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Interesting, maybe the day will come when Parish Councils hold a supply of weapons in case of an attack? I hope it never comes to that though.
Hi

I hope so too.

I really do not want us to go down the route of the USA.

I have absolutely no objections though to those who have firearms for legitimate purposes using them for defense.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Interesting I hope they have some sort of training though, listening to Jordan talk about weapons in the hands of anyone not trained they can be more of a danger than if they were unarmed.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:49 AM

No such thing as a 'defensive' weapon in this country...you can't even sleep with a baseball bat under your bed or in your car.
Unless you happen to keep gloves and a ball along with it to convince the police that you are a baseball enthusiast they will confiscate it.
You can however carry a rape alarm or a whistle...so on being attacked by a lunatic with a bowie knife, you can make lots of noise and hope he'll run away!
They even stopped Securicor bullion guards carrying a truncheon years ago...because they were an 'offensive' weapon.
But of course the Blairs/Ministers/Royalty of this country have 24 hour armed detectives to protect them...so that's all right then.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Yep got to agree with Poohdog ...try to defend yourself with a weapon and in the eyes of the law you're a villain.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I came across this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40252299

What do you think?

I live in a small agricultural working village, guns are all over the place here.

The chances of a terrorist attack here is remote to say the least, however I simply cannot see those who have guns not using them to defend themselves and their families.

I also cannot see those who do being convicted by any Jury.
The armed response cops have enough to worry about when responding to a shout.

Terrorists don't have a uniform to identify themselves as the enemy...except they are the ones that are armed so at present the police have a good chance of getting it right.

Scenario: Three terrorists attack a city...police arrive and are met by 6 armed people...which is friend which is foe?

No thanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Terrorists don't have a uniform to identify themselves as the enemy...except they are the ones that are armed so at present the police have a good chance of getting it right.

Scenario: Three terrorists attack a city...police arrive and are met by 6 armed people...which is friend which is foe?

No thanks.
Now that's an excellent point, I wouldn't want to be making that decision for anything.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

No thanks.
Agreed completely ..
If we need any extra armed support we can call on the Army not untrained undisciplined civilians .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top