Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Re: Neuropathy progress.

Its a very different world up here now Mups decades of cuts have left a mark getting appointments is not easy unless it urgently affects your life the queue grows longer so i will wait a bit to see if it improves rather than bother an ovr loaded system on the edge.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Hope things improve for you soon Nom!
You've certainly been through the mill!
This heat is not helping, it affects your joints, I find and causes cramp!
Take it easy, keep cool and drink plenty (water)!
Get checked by Doctor as soon as you can, I've just lost a dear ( diabetic) friend through septicaemia, she put off going to the doctors.
I'm sure you know better than me how to deal with it but, you can never be too careful.
Nom I am sorry you are feeling so bad, but please listen to TessA. A doctor can't diagnose or help until you tell him that you are feeling bad.

I find that diabetes causes so many other problems the nurses have no idea how one side condition can make looking after another so difficult. I am unable to cut my own toe nails because I cant easily reach my feet, but they don't realize how difficult that makes it,to be able to reach my feet to rub in the moisturizer that I need to stop the hard skin from splitting. They want me to do this as soon as I have washed my feet.... but I wait till I am dressed so I can pull my feet on to my lap, by tugging the leg of my jeans, to put the cream on.

My problems are trivial, compared to yours, but if they tell you to do something to help your condition, that you can't manage, let them know! It is their job to look after you and, if they can't, ask to see somebody who can.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nom I am sorry you are feeling so bad, but please listen to TessA. A doctor can't diagnose or help until you tell him that you are feeling bad.

I find that diabetes causes so many other problems the nurses have no idea how one side condition can make looking after another so difficult. I am unable to cut my own toe nails because I cant easily reach my feet, but they don't realize how difficult that makes it,to be able to reach my feet to rub in the moisturizer that I need to stop the hard skin from splitting. They want me to do this as soon as I have washed my feet.... but I wait till I am dressed so I can pull my feet on to my lap, by tugging the leg of my jeans, to put the cream on.

My problems are trivial, compared to yours, but if they tell you to do something to help your condition, that you can't manage, let them know! It is their job to look after you and, if they can't, ask to see somebody who can.

Sorry Nom, but I agree with what Twink says.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:39 PM

Nom, sorry to hear you are in so much pain now It appears you have suffered more than you should over the past few years and deserve a lot more help than you are being given.

Just a suggestion..... but did you know you can request a call back from your doctor?
If you are in a lot of pain you could use this call-back service and maybe the doctor could give you advice and sometime give you an emergency slot if he/she thinks you need to be seen. You will need to provide the receptionist with some details about the nature of your problem to assist the doctor in prioritising his/her call back.
If you ring in the morning, the doctor will probably phone you back after the morning surgery.

I hope you will get the care that you need.

Your post serves as a reminder to others who also suffer with diabetes to look after themselves at all times.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Nom, sorry to hear you are in so much pain now It appears you have suffered more than you should over the past few years and deserve a lot more help than you are being given.

Just a suggestion..... but did you know you can request a call back from your doctor?
If you are in a lot of pain you could use this call-back service and maybe the doctor could give you advice and sometime give you an emergency slot if he/she thinks you need to be seen. You will need to provide the receptionist with some details about the nature of your problem to assist the doctor in prioritising his/her call back.
If you ring in the morning, the doctor will probably phone you back after the morning surgery.

I hope you will get the care that you need.

Your post serves as a reminder to others who also suffer with diabetes to look after themselves at all times.

Good idea Mags - about the call back I mean.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Ta Mags,im aware of this, but my GP is appalling and its complicated, im afraid there is much i cant talk about on here.

If i can get out today i will see my pharmacist and explain on what has occurred to date,it could be a number of things from meds to a simple muscle problem.

Today its not as severe but enough to prevent natural movement, and i have felt further effects on my limbs through neuropathy so i feel its related.

Your bit in bold is exactly why i posted this, to show those with this condition to be very vigilant even when its looking under control it has ways of providing a shock.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ta Mags,im aware of this, but my GP is appalling and its complicated, im afraid there is much i cant talk about on here.

If i can get out today i will see my pharmacist and explain on what has occurred to date,it could be a number of things from meds to a simple muscle problem.

Today its not as severe but enough to prevent natural movement, and i have felt further effects on my limbs through neuropathy so i feel its related.

Your bit in bold is exactly why i posted this, to show those with this condition to be very vigilant even when its looking under control it has ways of providing a shock.
I hope you will feel more comfortable soon Nom, especially as this heatwave is cooling down ..... it's bad enough for us fit people to cope with so it must be unbearable for you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

22-06-2017, 09:10 AM

Ta Mags its the declining mobility that's hard to bear, i have always been active in both work and leisure, so frustrating as im not good at relying on others being independent old Gadgy at heart.

Getting info and help from the professionals is so hard as the time given at appointments is measured in minutes.

As each thing occurred i altered my lifestyle to suit, we all have to to some degree, but its hard for me now to use my camera and thats about all i had left from my original lifestyle. There are plenty on here with much worse conditions than i have, and its part of life for our age groups.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

22-06-2017, 04:36 PM

Met the pharmacist for a chat, and after plenty of questions about my meds, and symptoms, she suggested it may well be a neurological condition and to make GP appointment which i have for tomorrow. so i will see what comes of it. Turns out they have made a cockup in January, so hope that will be rectified so i can change GP`s.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Good luck Nom!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top