Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:12 AM

Re: It seems we have allies

Well guys how's it going?

I note your govt is still deciding what it wants out of the talks. Getting kinda late to decide, innit?

and all that money leaking out of the country...with no prospects yet of refilling the coffers.
EU just signed a FTA with Canada and is due to sign one with Japan...pity you won't be taking much advantage of it.

I note the UK is now actually seeing some glimmer of light and recognising that Boris's banquet containing cakeX2is no longer achievable...REALLY??? Don't tell me he LIED??
That immigration will be necessary for quite a while...REALLY? Don't tell me Saint Nigel LIED??

That income has gone down as well as the pound and inflation has risen...NO KIDDING.

That you now have the slowest growth in the economy of all the EU.

That house prices are set to plummet.

That all those rights enjoyed by EU citizens won't be available to you. Shame that. Soon you won't be able to fish in any waters except around your coastline...better cultivate a taste for mackerel and dogfish.

96% drop in nurses job applications. The elderly will be dropping like flies.

A PM with no mandate and no money. Yet it pays to support one side of a divided part of the UK which is in effect against the Good Friday Agreement.

Going well innit?? WELL DONE!

PS nice to see Swimmy can write in paragraphs...albeit they are a bit short.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Hi

Lovely to see you back.

I did miss my daily bollocking from you.

It was a bit like getting divorced.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Lady Haw Haw is back, why was she hiding though ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Lady Haw Haw is back, why was she hiding though ?
Better things to do than bang her head against a brick wall of Jingoism?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:35 AM

I am of the belief we have allies across Europe among the people, if we exit I think they may be able to rise up and do the same. We have to make this work for their sakes as well as our own. The gravy train won't like it, in fact they will make it as difficult as possible. But I think it's about to occur to them we are going and the gravy train is derailing for them very soon.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am of the belief we have allies across Europe among the people, if we exit I think they may be able to rise up and do the same. We have to make this work for their sakes as well as our own. The gravy train won't like it, in fact they will make it as difficult as possible. But I think it's about to occur to them we are going and the gravy train is derailing for them very soon.
Hi

You do realise do you that Brexit is going to be a complete and utter financial mess until such time as we get new trade deals?

Trade deals take years, not months.

The rest of Europe seem to be quite happy as they are, recent elections have resulted in very pro EU Governments being elected.

The EU will change, that is for sure, but how it changes will be up to them, it will be nothing at all to do with us.

We are one very divided Country, with nothing in place, against 27 who have a plan and the resources to put it in place.

It is a great shame, it had no need to have been like this, but with no planning for Brexit, we are where we are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:15 PM

I'm afraid that all the prophesies of doom don't worry me.

The only think I am interested in is regaining our freedom and our sovereignty.

What will be, will be, and we will survive as we have so many times in the past.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that all the prophesies of doom don't worry me.

The only think I am interested in is regaining our freedom and our sovereignty.

What will be, will be, and we will survive as we have so many times in the past.
That's how I feel, it's criminal there isn't anything in place but eu are deliberately stopping us starting to deal with other countries. We will get through this we always have but it's a shame it's like this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-07-2017, 12:38 PM

That's how I feel, it's criminal there isn't anything in place but eu are deliberately stopping us starting to deal with other countries. We will get through this we always have but it's a shame it's like this.
Hi

The EU are not stopping us starting to deal with other Countries at all.

That is yet another fallacy.

We deal with loads of other countries now under WTO Rules, but as part of the EU.

As soon as we leave, we can go straight into Free Trade Deals with other Countries, we leave in less than 2 years, new trade agreements take much longer to arrange and we do not control the speed, the other Countries do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:39 PM

Well they can try!

The impression I get from the EU's blusterings is that they are frightened of losing all the money we meekly hand over to them.

They will do, and are doing, everything they possibly can to delay and even prevent Brexit.

They are making threats, offering peanuts and refusing our offers right left and centre.

Their problem is that they think we are not aware that they are simply posturing, just like Mussolini did seventy-odd years ago and like Macron, Junker and Tusk are attempting to do right now.

We WILL leave their dictatorship, but the question is whether we shall do that before or after their house of cards falls apart.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top