Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:42 PM

Re: It seems we have allies

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU are not stopping us starting to deal with other Countries at all.

That is yet another fallacy.

We deal with loads of other countries now under WTO Rules, but as part of the EU.

As soon as we leave, we can go straight into Free Trade Deals with other Countries, we leave in less than 2 years, new trade agreements take much longer to arrange and we do not control the speed, the other Countries do.
I was under impression they have forbidden us talking trade to countries I'm pretty sure we had a thread on it a while ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was under impression they have forbidden us talking trade to countries I'm pretty sure we had a thread on it a while ago.
Hi

The EU have said that they will not start talking about a free trade agreement with the UK until after the exit bill and citizens rights have been agreed.

We have already started talking to India, that was kicked into touch, because the Indians wanted visa free travel to the UK.

The South Americans have stated they are not interested until we have negotiated the new tariff schedules with the EU.

We are already talking to Japan and South Korea, but these things take years.

The EU cannot impose sanctions on us for talking to others, we are leaving soon so they have no leverage.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:00 PM

A lot of the aforementioned is of course theory, rather than pragmatic facts. How many of the scribes in this thread have done business with companies and organisations in Europe? I have shaken hands and done business in Germany, France, Poland and Belgium as a one-man band. Trade won't come to a shuddering halt, as there are thousands of British business people trading in greater Europe as well as the EU.

Trading partnerships are formal arrangements and can take years to finalise - they have a bureaucratic core so goods and services can slide easily without mountains of paperwork. Remember when chambers of commerce used to have departments processing paperwork for members?

I am fed up with the British negative attitude to change, as we will go from a begging society to one standing on its own feet. When you speak face to face with Johnny Foreigner, most have a high regard and admiration for Great Britain.

Amen
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:03 PM

I have a feeling faced with no trade deals they will be hurried a bit faster than years, I can't see any country refusing to sell to us.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:18 PM

Hi

Lovely to see you back.

I did miss my daily bollocking from you.

It was a bit like getting divorced.
Nah...you don't have anything I would want to keep.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Lady Haw Haw is back, why was she hiding though ?
No hiding.
Have been having very interesting conversations with people who know what they are talking about somewhere else.
Great challenges and I have learned a lot.
Certainly enough to be completely convinced that you made the worst decision in living memory.

But happily the discussions are civilised and impersonal; You know...adult?
Flicker
France

03-07-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that all the prophesies of doom don't worry me.

The only think I am interested in is regaining our freedom and our sovereignty.

What will be, will be, and we will survive as we have so many times in the past.

That's a shame since you never lost your freedom and sovereignty.

The only winner in all this is your right wing press which has been brainwashing you for 40 years. If you really understood the EU you wouldn't be gulled into believing all that crap.
But that press is written for your below average twit who never bothers to check to see if they are telling you the truth. All of the truth. You will end up believing anything they tell you. Which of course makes you just as easily led by right wing lying politicians like Boris who tells you everything will be fine.
Which he is now recanting and admitting it won't.
Saint Nigel is nowhere to be seen and failed PM IDS is lying low. Gove is being a good little boy and frankly I feel quite sorry for Mayhem. She ended up with no seat in the great game of musical chairs. However she was arrogant enough to think others would give theirs up for her.
Flicker
France

03-07-2017, 01:30 PM

That's how I feel, it's criminal there isn't anything in place but eu are deliberately stopping us starting to deal with other countries. We will get through this we always have but it's a shame it's like this.
Those are t he rules.
Members cannot do bilateral deals while still a
member. It destroys the concept of a single market.

But then anything about the EU is one big conspiracy theory.
Flicker
France

03-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Hi

The EU are not stopping us starting to deal with other Countries at all.

That is yet another fallacy.

We deal with loads of other countries now under WTO Rules, but as part of the EU.

As soon as we leave, we can go straight into Free Trade Deals with other Countries, we leave in less than 2 years, new trade agreements take much longer to arrange and we do not control the speed, the other Countries do.
You MAY be able to go into DEALS. FTA's are the bonus prize.
Since you have access to more than 80 countries thru the EU, I fail to see why you would want to reinvent the wheel.
Flicker
France

03-07-2017, 01:36 PM

I have a feeling faced with no trade deals they will be hurried a bit faster than years, I can't see any country refusing to sell to us.
You don't make a living buying other people's goods.
You make a living selling your own. No one will refuse to sell the UK stuff...they can refuse to buy.

Sure trade is done on a one to one basis but the terms and conditions of that trade is decided on a national basis. Otherwise you break the law.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top