Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 08:34 PM

Re: Radar key

Do you have a disability help/advice center [ association for disabled people], My son got his from them,otherwise ask your local council,they should be able to advise you, maybe where you got the blue badge from. Trouble is they dont all seem to work in every area,once, during a coach outing ,I tried to use ours,but the lock wouldnt accaept the key
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 08:55 PM

They can be bought from mobility shops, and even from a key cutting stall down my local market!

My continence nurse gave me mine.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Thanks everybody. I'll call at my local council offices.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I tend not to jump to conclusions when I see people who look ok using them.
People could have colostomy bags etc. They need the extra room to manage them.
I have a colostomy plus arthritis. I was given a Radar key along with initial colostomy supplies when discharged from hospital. There are many "hidden" diseases which require the use of disabled toilets. We do not go around with a label stuck on our foreheads. So thank you for it pointing out in your post.

As for the Radar key, the vast majority of disabled toilets do not require one. In fact, although I carry one, I have never had to use it anywhere.

One other bonus(?) of having a colostomy is that I have a card which allows me to request the use of staff toilets in shops etc which dont have public toilets. Again, so far, I have never used it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 05:57 PM

Never heard of a Radar key. I at first thought it might be for detecting low flying toilets or sommit. All one has to do is push a button on the key and a toilet comes floating down the street. Well I didn't know
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:02 PM

You live and learn, Realspeed...

...you live and learn!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:16 PM

I think I got my key direct from RADAR. Only used it about 4 times but then you never know when you will need it. I rarely go out!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Does it come with an auto flush control? I was thinking how embarrassing it would be if left in ones knickers on the floor and the button got pushed in error when shuffling the feet about.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top