Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 03:40 PM

Re: Free tooth brushes for under 5s

I'm sure we were taught about cleaning teeth at school and my kids came home which those disclosure tablets that showed up dirty teeth after a talk from someone at school.
I'm not sure it's the lack of brushing so much as sugary drinks etc. causing decay these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm sure we were taught about cleaning teeth at school and my kids came home which those disclosure tablets that showed up dirty teeth after a talk from someone at school.
I'm not sure it's the lack of brushing so much as sugary drinks etc. causing decay these days.
At school we were frequently shown a film of some kids in a band singing something like;

We brush our teeth
twice a day
To keep them clean and germs away.
Clean at breakfast
And clean at night
To keep them clean and fresh and bright.

Something like that anyway. I was looking for a video but couldn't find one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:55 PM

This is the toothbrush song we used to sing to our children

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This is the toothbrush song we used to sing to our children

That's the only one I can find but the one I remember was older, late sixties/ early seventies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 09:24 AM

but they want to give all under 5s them free.
I think it is all about raising awareness about cleaning teeth and preventing so many children having general anaesthetic and hospital treatment....
More than 40,000 children and young people a year are having rotten teeth removed in hospital in further evidence of what doctors call the “costly scourge of sugar”.

New NHS figures obtained by the Local Government Association (LGA) show that 40,800 under-18s in England had at least one tooth taken out last year under general anaesthetic because of decay. Performing the procedures cost £35.6m.

The children involved had such advanced decay that they could not be treated by a dentist and had to go to hospital instead. NHS surgeons carried out 161 such operations each working day.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ital-each-year

The scheme could save a lot of money in the long run...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top